Free Microsoft, Adobe and other software for [Aus] Students.

As a part of the bring-your-own-device initiative you can get free software including things like MS Office 2013, Win 7 Ult and Win 8 Pro upgrades as well as some Adobe software (Sadly no entire CS5/6 suite). It's only available to Australian students (High school students that is) and it's a bit tricky to get to.

Steps:

1. Go to your student portal and log in.

2. When in your student portal look down the left side and find the box that says 'learning', then in that box click the link that says 'Adobe DEC Software Download'

3. Now you'll have to go and make an account with that site using your student info.

4. Once you have an account go and grab any software you want.

5. Check out and you'll get your keys, you can then get their download client (It is unnecessary, but you have to) and download your installers.

6. Enjoy your new software.

Now I'm going to go install Win 8.

Update: I'm not sure how widely avaliable this is. It seems to only be for public schools, and it MIGHT be only for NSW. I'm not sure. Feel free to give it a shot anyways.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

That would be great......if my school actually used the crappy SoE 4 instead of its own custom build. 

I have no idea what my DET Portal sign in is.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Yeah ,microsoft gives us free software for some universities (i am studying computer engineering). I got mine win8 pro last year :D     (this is not only for Australia. I am from Greece)

Boy i wish i was or knew a student over there, i could do with an Adobe CS6 key.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I'm in a private school, so I don't have access to the DET portal. :(

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

We've got Dreamspark here, works perfect and free lisences are always welcome :-)

well.. not that free, we pay 50EU/year or so.

No clue if its possible for private schools would love to know if someone tried looking

cool now they just need to fix the internet issue there :/

Corsair 550D / i5-4690k @4.6GHz / Asus Maximus VII Hero / Asus GTX 980 Strix @1.6Ghz / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8G (2x4096) 2400MHz / Corsair HX 850w / Corsair Neutron GTX 120g SSD / Segate 2TB + 8g Hybrid

How can i find my student portal? Is it my schools website?

What url did you use.

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64