Mineral oil PC Build guide

I'm just getting this post ready for tomorrow so I don't forget about it once I get off work!

For now just so everyone knows, I just build a mineral oil cooled computer and it is fully functional :D

I've still got a few mods to do to the aquarium but i'm getting there! Right now it's fully functional and just needs to have a loop added to it to circulate the oil(that'll be done next paycheck).

Expect the full guide to be posted tomorrowon this thread :D

THE SUSPENSE!

you figured out my real reasoning ;)

THE SUSPENSE!

THE SUSPENSE...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

OMG. I wanna see... How much did that set you by financially?

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

you figured out my real reasoning ;)

Do I get a prize?  :lol:

OMG. I wanna see... How much did that set you by financially?

I haven't bought the loop for it yet(that's like $150) but it was around $400. I won't give exact prices until I do the full build guide(i'm editing the raw images getting links etc tonight that's why I can't post it yet).

Oil cooling is like magic, or magnets. but honestly why doesn't all the oil in the tank just get warm and overheat everything? 

Oil cooling is like magic, or magnets. but honestly why doesn't all the oil in the tank just get warm and overheat everything?

Well it does 5x better at dispersing heart than air, plus the fans move it (like water cooling does which helps circulate got and cold air), and you can install a pump and a loop to keep it running extra cool!

Your Guide will be relatively short......you'll be able to right a great novel on "draining and cleaning" though ;)

3930K - 4.85Ghz w EK Supremacy | RIVE w Photon 170 D5 Vario / Res Combo | 16GB 1866 Doms | Evga GTX 780Ti SC SLi w EK Full WB's| AX 1.2 kW | 900D - 1 x RX480 1 x EX360 & 1 x EX240 Rads w Noctua NF F & Corsair SP "Push" | W7 HP x64 | MK11: P25,113 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7499603 | Firestrike: 19,576 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1177627

YT00O.gif

Cannot wait to see what you put together! I had never seen an oil cooled pc until Slick's build came up on LTT.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I don't like mineral oil stuff, it's a mess to start building it, and if you no longer want to have a mineral oil PC that stuff won't come off your components. 

Case: Thermaltake Core V71 CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700X (overclocked to 4.1Ghz) Cooling: Corsair H110i GT(Push-Pull config) Motherboard: Gigabyte's Aorus AX370 AM4 K7 RAM: G.SKILL 2800Mhz 32GB GPU:  GEFORCE GTX 1080 (SLI) from Gigabyte Storage: Kingston 3K 240GB (main boot drive) Crucial M500 SSD, WD 2TB Green, 100GB HD(As backup) PSU: Sseasonic X Series 850W Gold