HD7950CF or GTX660Ti SLI?

Half Life
Hi guys. I'm about upgrade my video card but I have not yet decided which to buy.
clarify that first i buy one card and in a few months the second, with which card i will have better performance on CF/SLI?
If it served in something, i have $ 370 for now. For if they recommend another card.

Thanks.

Go with NVIDIA and SLI as Crossfire has more problems now.

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

Go with NVIDIA and SLI as Crossfire has more problems now.

This, and there is no sign of AMD releasing smth for the end users anytime soon...

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

single better card, sli/crossfire is only worth it with GTX #70+ or AMD #750+

Character artist in the Games industry.

Well, usually i would agree with you Pixxie, but he is planning on getting the second card a few months later, so going dual will be more viable than waiting 3-4 months for the money to get the better single card solution.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

7950 CF FTW more games more performance and more win.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

Well, usually i would agree with you Pixxie, but he is planning on getting the second card a few months later, so going dual will be more viable than waiting 3-4 months for the money to get the better single card solution.

Exactly, for the moment i dont have the money for the single high-end card (7970/680)

7950 CF FTW more games more performance and more win.

And more problems when he adds second one !

And more problems when he adds second one !

Nope actually the only problem is with fan boys claiming there are just so many issues with CF when it's a non issue.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

Nope actually the only problem is with fan boys claiming there are just so many issues with CF when it's a non issue.

yeah boo hoo...Rayn Shrout and even Linus confirmed that AMD has problem with Crossfire but as we found out in other posts you are bigger expert than them...

That's actually not entirely true. I had a ton of problems with stutter when I tried gaming with my CF 7970s. I like AMD graphics cards way better than nvidia since they are significantly more powerful but if you had the choice for gaming of either CF or SLI, right now, I would recommend SLI as it seems to have less problems.

yeah boo hoo...Rayn Shrout and even Linus confirmed that AMD has problem with Crossfire but as we found out in other posts you are bigger expert than them...

Vsync is your friend. I like Ryan but the fact is that he has self admitted that he has allot of his own money tied up in developing frame rating analysis so of course he left out the fix that's already out and that fix is called vsync.

That's actually not entirely true. I had a ton of problems with stutter when I tried gaming with my CF 7970s. I like AMD graphics cards way better than nvidia since they are significantly more powerful but if you had the choice for gaming of either CF or SLI, right now, I would recommend SLI as it seems to have less problems.

I use Vsync so I never have an issue.

Vsync is your friend. I like Ryan but the fact is that he has self admitted that he has allot of his own money tied up in developing frame rating analysis so of course he left out the fix that's already out and that fix is called vsync.

Just shut up...i will not even try to argue with you this time...as i mentioned before it is the same as arguing with a TV...

I use Vsync so I never have an issue.

True but then you are capped at your monitor's refresh rate which is not desirable.

Ok, to make this clear, CF issues depend on your system configuration also, not much but they are, also it seems to me that you are talking from experience, so maybe your system is not so affected, or maybe you don't see the difference, it depends on you, but having exact data captured and analised with high end gear is something you can/should trust, i am aware that there are programs/ apps out there that adress this issue, but nothing official, but having a solution that doesn't need anything to run well (nVidia in our case) is the preffered option, of course it's the OP's choice in the end, i'm just here to help with accurate and consistent data, stop calling people fanboys, usually is not cool, sir.

Just shut up...i will not even try to argue with you this time...as i mentioned before it is the same as arguing with a TV...

Many people do not have an issue with the negligible mouse input latency inhernet to Vsync. I rather consistant frame rates rather than more than 60fps which my monitor cannot render anyway.

True but then you are capped at your monitor's refresh rate which is not desirable.

For me it is compleatly desirable because my monitor cannot display more than 60fps. I rather consistant frame rates rather than irractic framerates which creates choppy images and mouse input problems.

Hi guys. I'm about upgrade my video card but I have not yet decided which to buy.
clarify that first i buy one card and in a few months the second, with which card i will have better performance on CF/SLI?
If it served in something, i have $ 370 for now. For if they recommend another card.

Thanks.

7950 crossfire

no one here is pointing out the fact that there is 3rd party software called "radeonpro" that removes quite a bit of micro stuttering in crossfire setups. all you do is enable triple buffering, and enable dynamic vsync. those 2 together brought latency i used to have in my gf's system  from like 30ms stuttering (going by hawkens standards fps count) down to like 15. adjusting things like overclock, fan speeds, undervolting, helped smooth out performance as well (though average frames did drop slightly.

and the prototype drivers are already out for third party companies like anandtech etc.  so we should expect to see that soon as well. the combination of those three would remove all noticeable issues imho.

Well, actually i have a 660DC2, but i think sell it and buy a 660Ti/7950, or is most recommendable buy another 660?

I think should start with that, sorry.

"no one here is pointing out the fact that there is 3rd party software called "radeonpro" that removes quite a bit of micro stuttering in crossfire setups."

HALLELUJAH!

how does everyone overlook this? IT'S FREE. IT FIXES YOUR PROBLEMS.

and the prototype driver is on it's way - 1-2 months now.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

7950 crossfire

no one here is pointing out the fact that there is 3rd party software called "radeonpro" that removes quite a bit of micro stuttering in crossfire setups. all you do is enable triple buffering, and enable dynamic vsync. those 2 together brought latency i used to have in my gf's system  from like 30ms stuttering (going by hawkens standards fps count) down to like 15. adjusting things like overclock, fan speeds, undervolting, helped smooth out performance as well (though average frames did drop slightly. and the prototype drivers are already out for third party companies like anandtech etc.  so we should expect to see that soon as well. the combination of those three would remove all noticeable issues imho.

15ms is excellent that's what I get with a single HD 7850. 30ms does not bother me but 15ms is ideal.

7950 crossfire

no one here is pointing out the fact that there is 3rd party software called "radeonpro" that removes quite a bit of micro stuttering in crossfire setups. all you do is enable triple buffering, and enable dynamic vsync. those 2 together brought latency i used to have in my gf's system  from like 30ms stuttering (going by hawkens standards fps count) down to like 15. adjusting things like overclock, fan speeds, undervolting, helped smooth out performance as well (though average frames did drop slightly. and the prototype drivers are already out for third party companies like anandtech etc.  so we should expect to see that soon as well. the combination of those three would remove all noticeable issues imho.

15ms is excellent that what I get with a single HD 7850. 30ms does not bother me but 15ms is ideal.

Get the faster single GPU option for that price range mate. Perhaps a 670.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?