Watch_Dogs is so freaking bad.. [Short rant]

Jeroen1322

Hi guys! 

I got Watch_Dogs with my 770 and tried it out for a couple of hours. I wasn' onboard of the hype train for W_D but i wanted to give it a try.

I've played 3 hours of it and i don't want any more.

The graphics are so bad! the tree leaves on the street are in the texture not loose particles. You can compare it to GTA IV, and that is 6 years old! 

It runs like crap! With my rig, 20~30 FPS on high.. I get 60+ FPS on Ultra in Battlefield 4.

The mouse exelaration in the menu is really bad and the in-game menu is made for a controller..

The W_D/UPlay servers are constantly down. I can't login to UPlay and can't play online in W_D. 

The reason to hack is rediculus.. His niece is killed so let's hack random people for money. 

I got allmost all the UPlay achiefments in one hour, so that wan't a challenge.. 

The missions are in some sort pretty repetative. 

There are trainrails with a 90* angle!

I'm glad i didn't buy it and just got it for free!

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Yay someone else who got janky FPS with a card only slightly more powerful than mine.

If yours is the pirate version there is a patch that makes it slightly better, but it's still poor, do you have the stuttering issue while driving?

That's interesting cause my 770 is getting 60-70fps on high 4xMSAA?

Your CPU could be having problems. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Glad I did not pre order. I thought it looked cool but it seemed too good to be true. AAA games always are.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I don't really care for Watchdogs anymore, it has received so much hype that it has just begun to bore me.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

TotalBisquit has a i7 and 3-Way SLI Titans and get's around 60 he says in his video 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

TotalBisquit has a i7 and 3-Way SLI Titans and get's around 60 he says in his video 

Want me to show you a benchmark...? lol 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

dZs4zvb.png

That is amazing xD

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Want me to show you a benchmark...? lol 

Haha, that isn't necacerry :P But a lot of people have issues with low frame rates and maybe you're just lucky, i don't know but for me it is horribe. 

I too get 60-70 fps with 4xMSAA and AA at high

Diamond 5 in League :)

Haha, that isn't necacerry :P But a lot of people have issues with low frame rates and maybe you're just lucky, i don't know but for me it is horribe. 

I guess so lol :D I have to admit, i really enjoy the game. 

I too get 60-70 fps with 4xMSAA and AA at high

Same Specs? 

Same Specs? 

Yep, except I have an 8350.. but you have an 8320 at 4ghz so its equal, sometimes I also get mini 3 second lag spikes to 40fps, you too?

I guess so lol :D I have to admit, i really enjoy the game. 

Haha, glad to hear someone enjoys it! :)

*2 way sli titans

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Yep, except I have an 8350.. but you have an 8320 at 4ghz so its equal, sometimes I also get mini 3 second lag spikes to 40fps, you too?

Nope.

*2 way sli titans

Ooh, sorry my bad.

Nope.

So you get 60fps constant?

What map? I'll go try it just to see.

So you get 60fps constant?

What map? I'll go try it just to see.

I hit 52-55 for a couple of seconds every time a pipe bursts, that's the lowest i've gone so far.  

Definitely not buying this game.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

I hit 52-55 for a couple of seconds every time a pipe bursts, that's the lowest i've gone so far.  

Singleplayer? Or multiplayer?

We're talking all settings being high, the AA being 4x MSAA and high post processing but no HBAO or anything, since they don't work. 

since you now have a gtx770 you really need to upgrade that crap bulldozer 

the game is fine but it has a ton of bugs

I get around 40-50fps with my 560 on high settings...

With the very common drops to 1-5 fps which happen way too often.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.