How many video games does the average gamer own? [UPDATED]

Jerakl

Ok, so I'm doing a project for school  where I have to make an infographic. So I decided to make one based on the question 

"How many video games does the average gamer own?"

So I need your help! I'm tasked with doing my own research, so what I'm going to set up is a series of strawpolls for voting.

I will be adding them as I complete them.

Strawpoll 1-Main question

http://strawpoll.me/1780874

Strawpolls 2-Platform game percentage

http://strawpoll.me/1780904

Strawpoll 3-Platforms owned

http://strawpoll.me/1780914

Strawpoll 4-Game Genre

http://strawpoll.me/1781406

*Poll 4 has been redone*

This post is unfinished at the moment as class is about to end and I didn't want to lose the progress I had made. Thanks for swinging by and please check back later to see what I've updated!

EDIT: Link to old Poll 4

http://strawpoll.me/1780959/r

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Your surveys have been filled, Sir.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I like fps games but I hate cod. Should I still click that genre?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Done. I like how (at the time I did the survey) 97% of participants owned the most games on PC. LOL

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I like fps games but I hate cod. Should I still click that genre?

It's just an example because most people know what CoD:Ghosts is, a reference point so to speak.

done, however i like both fps and racing! :P

I will be redoing that poll so you can pick multiple answers.

Done

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The reason people on PC own 100+ games is because of all the indie bundles. I've bought a bunch of Humble bundle, along with Indie gala, and a few others places.

360 games, probably 300 of those were from bundles.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

The reason people on PC own 100+ games is because of all the indie bundles. I've bought a bunch of Humble bundle, along with Indie gala, and a few others places.

360 games, probably 300 of those were from bundles.

mmm, maybe I'll make a poll for "How many of your games have you played within the last 2 weeks?"

I guess any action game is under FPS, so I marked that as well, even though I don't like FPS games per say, rather third person action games like Batman, Max Payne, GTA and so on. Maybe it should've been "action" genre, or at least an "open world" genre.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Interesting that this survey came up today when I was trying play games that will be hurt by GameSpy shutting down and GFWL shutting down.  I was playing GTA IV for pc and I was like why did I and why do I still buy so many cheap games vs just getting the one thing I want sooner when the community is good for the game?  Seriously I also had this conversation with my son this week and now know in the future what I will buy and won't buy.  Sometimes you got to pay a little more to really enjoy a game and that means buying it at launch or close to launch.  I finally have learned my lesson.  What is the point of having all sorts of games in a collection if you can't fully enjoy them because the communities are dead for them?  I got the experience of a dead online game with GTA IV today.  I tried setting up multiplayer games and nobody was there.  LOL

Anyway I own loads of games but I don't think I have as much fun gaming as people who get the games that they really want right away at launch or close to it.  I hope that others learn from what I said here.  I know my eyes have been opened.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I guess any action game is under FPS, so I marked that as well, even though I don't like FPS games per say, rather third person action games like Batman, Max Payne, GTA and so on. Maybe it should've been "action" genre, or at least an "open world" genre.

hmmm yes. However when I think openworld I think RPG.