Heaven Society Week 6 Poll (Anime Club)

JLCitadel

you know your leaving lots of good stuff out the lat 90's was a great era.

I was trying to make you look less like a fanatic :P

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I was trying to make you look less like a fanatic :P

so this probably isnt going to help then...

IMG_7866.jpg

IMG_7880.jpg

IMG_7889.jpg

IMG_7891.jpg

IMG_7902.jpg

these are older pics as well. everything thats in tat box was on the second shelf but I had to remove it while attaching lights to the bottom.

oh and there is probably less on those HDDs that your thinking.

so then this probably isnt going to help then...

these are older pics as well. everything thats in tat box was on the second shelf but I had to remove it while attaching lights to the bottom.

I´d need a bigger house if i had all that. my shelf's with games and other crap takes like a whole livingroom.

I´d need a bigger house if i had all that. my shels with games and other crap takes like a whole livingroom.

I used to be decently into games but anime has stolen my heat for sometime now. O and with steam, Wii U, and 3DS most of my games are digital except the few ive key from back in the day in the PC.

Its really just two shelves of anime. in reality ive seen far bigger collections but I must say that I try to go for quality over quantity.

artworks-000057001311-u6ag49-crop.jpg?30

I AM A OTAKU!

*goes in a corner and sheds some tears after finally admitting it*

I AM A OTAKU!

*goes in a corner and sheds some tears after finally admitting it*

No you're not ^_^ at least by my classifications.

Otaku to me is someone who has a unhealthy obsession, the equivalent of an alcoholic to alcohol, where it surpasses obsession / hobby and goes into the dangerous life impeding zone.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No you're not ^_^ at least by my classifications.

Otaku to me is someone who has a unhealthy obsession, the equivalent of an alcoholic to alcohol, where it surpasses obsession / hobby and goes into the dangerous life impeding zone.

Thats not the definition of oatku in the least and in no way even going past the sterotypical definition you regularly see. I really obsession or obsessive (in wikipedia definition) shouldnt be included because of their definition "excessive often to an unreasonable degree". The "unreasonable degree" is what I have objection to as isnt that defined by others? And what if these other have differing opinions as to what a unreasonable degree is? Like I for one know what I would gauge as that which is where it gets into the unheathly about where it impedes your ability to function in normal life as you said but that is not how most of society would view it. Those would be the extreme small percentage of the group that there always is and in many cases somehow manage to define the groups entirety to the masses. im sure that I could come up with an example if needed.

This goes into the more modern classification's http://goo.gl/5GSIWR . The wikipedia article really isnt fully correct but at the moment I just cant fine the right words for how I would define it.

Even the oxford dictionaries definition is the stereotypical view of it:

"(In Japan) a young person who is obsessed with computers or particular aspects of popular culture to the detriment of their social skills."

I guess its closer to enthusiast possibly. I bet there are a number of people that would consider how I and likely many people on this forum are into PC parts a obsession.

I guess this is a decent history http://goo.gl/QfWfeJ. Being an otaku is only "bad" because of how society views it usually based on stereotypes. Its far worse in japan than say the US. I have no problem classifying myself as one cause it is indeed true. Its bad in Japan because their society works quite differently than the US. They are taught to fit in and care what society thinks of them so when they do something abnormal thy try to hide it in many cases which is what leads to the lack of social skills. Its a issue that society it self caused and japan knows it but admitting to it is something different entirely. This is why it doesnt have anywhere near as negative a connotation outside of japan.

Technically I could be referred to as a Computer Otaku or possibly Tech Otaku as well.

We should really add otaku no video one of these weeks

So yea well remember how I said i needed more drives? Well this http://goo.gl/dC1YgG is a great deal on newegg for a 3TB drive (1TB per platter). Its only $100 after promo code. Newegg also finally had the HDD case pictured previously http://goo.gl/ZkwgOa back in stock so I picked up another one. Its not the best build quality but is antistatic and for the money you get the most drive slots reasonably since I can just put it on my shelf. These are cheaper per drive but are meant to fit those lockable steel file cabinets whih arnt cheap to say the least http://goo.gl/y6zJIP and http://goo.gl/SPhEId . Also that case can easily be moved around but I wouldnt "lug it" like many of then newegg reviews mention they wanted or intended on doing.

Thats not the definition of oatku in the least and in no way even going past the sterotypical definition you regularly see. I really obsession or obsessive (in wikipedia definition) shouldnt be included because of their definition "excessive often to an unreasonable degree". The "unreasonable degree" is what I have objection to as isnt that defined by others? And what if these other have differing opinions as to what a unreasonable degree is? Like I for one know what I would gauge as that which is where it gets into the unheathly about where it impedes your ability to function in normal life as you said but that is not how most of society would view it. Those would be the extreme small percentage of the group that there always is and in many cases somehow manage to define the groups entirety to the masses. im sure that I could come up with an example if needed.

This goes into the more modern classification's http://goo.gl/5GSIWR . The wikipedia article really isnt fully correct but at the moment I just cant fine the right words for how I would define it.

Even the oxford dictionaries definition is the stereotypical view of it:

"(In Japan) a young person who is obsessed with computers or particular aspects of popular culture to the detriment of their social skills."

I guess its closer to enthusiast possibly. I bet there are a number of people that would consider how I and likely many people on this forum are into PC parts a obsession.

I guess this is a decent history http://goo.gl/QfWfeJ. Being an otaku is only "bad" because of how society views it usually based on stereotypes. Its far worse in japan than say the US. I have no problem classifying myself as one cause it is indeed true. Its bad in Japan because their society works quite differently than the US. They are taught to fit in and care what society thinks of them so when they do something abnormal thy try to hide it in many cases which is what leads to the lack of social skills. Its a issue that society it self caused and japan knows it but admitting to it is something different entirely. This is why it doesnt have anywhere near as negative a connotation outside of japan.

Technically I could be referred to as a Computer Otaku or possibly Tech Otaku as well.

That's just how I've chosen to use the word.

We should really add otaku no video one of these weeks

So yea well remember how I said i needed more drives? Well this http://goo.gl/dC1YgG is a great deal on newegg for a 3TB drive (1TB per platter). Its only $100 after promo code. Newegg also finally had the HDD case pictured previously http://goo.gl/ZkwgOa back in stock so I picked up another one. Its not the best build quality but is antistatic and for the money you get the most drive slots reasonably since I can just put it on my shelf. These are cheaper per drive but are meant to fit those lockable steel file cabinets whih arnt cheap to say the least http://goo.gl/y6zJIP and http://goo.gl/SPhEId . Also that case can easily be moved around but I wouldnt "lug it" like many of then newegg reviews mention they wanted or intended on doing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Luclocke was there supposed to be more to that reply? The reason I ask is you quoted three posts but there is only a short reply to the first one.

@Luclocke was there supposed to be more to that reply? The reason I ask is you quoted three posts but there is only a short reply to the first one.

It's my "5 am reply".. Zzzzzzz

Looks at clock, oh... crap.

w2qg]\

that was me trying to type

swag

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a re-telling of the story from the manga point of view.

Kinda, but no.

I'm just saying, FMA and FMA:B are very different in a fundamental way. Events that happen in episodes 20-35 or so of FMA occur in episodes 2-7 or so of FMA:B. 

Basically, FMAs first half covers the manga story, then the story is made up because the producers didn't want to wait for the manga to finish, but didn't want to go on haitus either. It's equivalent to fanfiction, except it actually got into the real show, but it's technically filler.

FMA:B is almost entirely manga based. You could think of it as the HXH of Hunter (where all the filler is removed and it's almost purely manga based), or the DBZ Kai of DBZ (same thing). Except that FMA is unique where the second half of it's episodes have pretty much nothing to do with the actual manga story. 

That's why I always recommend skipping FMA and just watching Brotherhood. You miss nothing imo because the actual story is better than what was made up, and the animation is better.

Not to harp on that too much, but it's just how I see it. I've seen both series to their completion and that's how I view them in relation to each other. 

Anyway, I've seen everything in the list but Code:Breaker. Good list. :D Out of all of them, I'm split between 5 Cm per second (if you watch it, be sure to read the epilogue manga, it is important), and FMA because it's one of my all-time favorite series. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Kinda, but no.

I'm just saying, FMA and FMA:B are very different in a fundamental way. Events that happen in episodes 20-35 or so of FMA occur in episodes 2-7 or so of FMA:B. 

Basically, FMAs first half covers the manga story, then the story is made up because the producers didn't want to wait for the manga to finish, but didn't want to go on haitus either. It's equivalent to fanfiction, except it actually got into the real show, but it's technically filler.

FMA:B is almost entirely manga based. You could think of it as the HXH of Hunter (where all the filler is removed and it's almost purely manga based), or the DBZ Kai of DBZ (same thing). Except that FMA is unique where the second half of it's episodes have pretty much nothing to do with the actual manga story. 

That's why I always recommend skipping FMA and just watching Brotherhood. You miss nothing imo because the actual story is better than what was made up, and the animation is better.

Not to harp on that too much, but it's just how I see it. I've seen both series to their completion and that's how I view them in relation to each other. 

Anyway, I've seen everything in the list but Code:Breaker. Good list. :D Out of all of them, I'm split between 5 Cm per second (if you watch it, be sure to read the epilogue manga, it is important), and FMA because it's one of my all-time favorite series. 

That's the point I was attempting to get across in much fewer words. I'm watching brotherhood at the moment actually.

so this probably isnt going to help then...

sEiitpv.gif

Good lord.....

Shit do you people not sleep? I'd be dead if I stayed up that late.... 

7weAyEi.gif

Reading the epilogue is literally a must if you've watched the movie xD

AnoHana and 5cm per second OMG they sound like they will rip your heart to shreds.

They uh.... kinda will.... 5cm per second was pretty dam interesting and somewhat life changing. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

God fma ofc lol I never watched the original would be quite fun to get mah feels turned on

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Kinda, but no.

I dont have a problem with FMA as thats basically how most anime works its an adaptation made to sell the manga. Without the success of FMA however there wouldnt have been FMA Brotherhood and I dont think doing FMA Brotherhood first would have gotten that title as much attention as FMA did. This is because the original FMA managed to appeal to both the casual and the hardcore. Brotherhood on the other hand was made to give more to the already existing fanbase. I dont see any reason not to watch FMA as it is good in its own right.

I dont have a problem with FMA as thats basically how most anime works its an adaptation made to sell the manga. Without the success of FMA however there wouldnt have been FMA Brotherhood and I dont think doing FMA Brotherhood first would have gotten that title as much attention as FMA did. This is because the original FMA managed to appeal to both the casual and the hardcore. Brotherhood on the other hand was made to give more to the already existing fanbase. I dont see any reason not to watch FMA as it is good in its own right.

Well then I guess it's a difference of taste. 

In comparing FMA to FMA:B, personally, I consider FMA to be good and only barely that, whereas I consider FMA:B to be great, story & art wise. I just don't feel like FMA is worth the time investment when I have a lot of great anime to watch. But that's just me. I've met people who actually prefer FMA to FMA:B but I simply can't understand that. I felt like FMA's story after they started making things up was cliche (again personal preference probably). 

That may have been why it attracted the casual crowd as well though. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

AnoHana and 5cm per second OMG they sound like they will rip your heart to shreds.

na 5cm is just another of Shinkai's works if not one of his best but they do both give feels man many feels.

*snip*

Good lord.....

Shit do you people not sleep? I'd be dead if I stayed up that late.... 

*snip*

Reading the epilogue is literally a must if you've watched the movie xD

They uh.... kinda will.... 5cm per second was pretty dam interesting and somewhat life changing.

thats collections not even that big

i sleep, the staying up isnt the hard part its the waking up ion the morning

should link me I likely read it but I first watch it when it came out so with my memory who knows what I remember

have you seen any of his other works? the first 3 at least follow the same sort if theme.

*snip*

That may have been why it attracted the casual crowd as well though.

exactly but it had enough to entice the more hardcore crowd. Take brotherhood out of the equation as existing and put in the fact that there are many that see the anime first was it really "bad" I would say the opposite and that it server its purpose of driving sales enough to support another anime. I also liked that the first one didnt go into certain things much so when yiou saw the second it opened stuff up and explained things more.

Also kinda how the viewership of death note severly dropped right around the second season, at least here is the US.

thats collections not even that big

i sleep, the staying up isnt the hard part its the waking up ion the morning

should link me I likely read it but I first watch it when it came out so with my memory who knows what I remember

have you seen any of his other works? the first 3 at least follow the same sort if theme.

It's bigger than the collections I've seen in person. 

Ha... waking up in the morning is vital for me. So I gotta get sleep, or I'm royally screwed.

The last chapter of the manga, here ya go: http://www.mangareader.net/5-centimeters-per-second/11

I'm going to watch garden of words sooner or later. 

EDIT: Too bad Cross Roads is a god dam commercial.... I was so excited when I first saw it thinking it was a trailer...

The plot and setting has potential, and that production quality is absolutely beautiful... I'm sucker for good animation and art... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOwUan8f3tk