So in the near future i am probably going to be getting an amd fx 6300 with an r9 280 and originally 8gb of ram. but now i found out that for only about $20-$30 more i can get the same speed and brand of ram only 16gb instead of 8gb. The 8gb would be a dual 4gb, and the 16 would be a dual 8gg. My motherboard supports up to only 16gb but does have 4 dimm slots. I Know that the 16gb of ram bottleneck my cpu and most likely my gpu and it is not necessary for just gaming. However not that i'm believe in future proofing i still think this might be necessary in the near furor and might help my pc last a little longer in games. So my question is would you guys get the 16gb of ram over the 8gb even thought it would definitely bottleneck my pc. Also would the ram bottle necking my pc actually matter, i don't really think it will but i just wanted to hear some other opinions. Thanks so much for the help!

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

Wait theres a AM3 970 board with 4 slots and only 16 GB WTH? What board is it? 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

More ram can't possibly bottleneck your system. Too little, yes, but not too much.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Wait theres a AM3 970 board with 4 slots and only 16 GB WTH? What board is it? 

It is this board it is actually only a am3+ 760g board and not the best but it is good enough, also it doesnt come with the ram if that what you were thinking, anyway here is the link:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a78lmusb3

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

It is this board it is actually only a am3+ 760g board and not the best but it is good enough, also it doesnt come with the ram if that what you were thinking, anyway here is the link:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a78lmusb3

your board actually supports 32gb ram and ram wont bottleneck your computer and if it is only $30 more maswell could come in handy if u ever decide to do a little bit of video editing in the future. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A78LMUSB3/specifications/

your board actually supports 32gb ram and ram wont bottleneck your computer and if it is only $30 more maswell could come in handy if u ever decide to do a little bit of video editing in the future. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A78LMUSB3/specifications/

Well that's good news, i wonder why pc part picker says only 16gb, anyway thanks for the help.

I would spend the 30 to get the 16 gb but I use ram for everything (ram drive SSD cacheing)

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

Go with 8GB of RAM, and use the money you save to buy a better CPU.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Go with 8GB of RAM, and use the money you save to buy a better CPU.

If he where to do that he would probably want to save and get a better motherboard as well.

If he where to do that he would probably want to save and get a better motherboard as well.

He needs to do more research on the entire PC building process based on his original statement. 

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."