Games not running as they should.

I have an Rtx 3070, ryzen 9 3900x, 32 GB ram, and a 850 watt PSU. When I'm playing almost any game my GPU and CPU hover around 30% each. On the lowest settings but they never stay at the proper framerate. Like when I play Fortnite I should be able to easily run 240 fps since I never use more than 25% on either part. But instead, I have inconsistent framerates and drops to as low as 10 fps. Even in games like Roblox recently its been randomly freezing in most games and some, it fully puts my fps to like .2fps and I have to alt+f4 to fix it.

Makes me wonder about your RAM as Ryzen is heavily tied into Fabric clocks and RAM clocks with their CPU's now..
Maybe your RAM has reset to base speeds, not XMP and it's suffering moreso than it needs to. Games heavily affected.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

12 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Makes me wonder about your RAM as Ryzen is heavily tied into Fabric clocks and RAM clocks with their CPU's now..
Maybe your RAM has reset to base speeds, not XMP and it's suffering moreso than it needs to. Games heavily affected.

I just double checked and its set to the xmp profile at 3000mhz which isn't the greatest but I think its the max for these sticks

47 minutes ago, Squishy1015 said:

I just double checked and its set to the xmp profile at 3000mhz which isn't the greatest but I think its the max for these sticks

if the sticks are rated at 3000Mhz, you could try running them at 3200Mhz, if it doesn't work you can just reset it and go back to 3000

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

4 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

cant confirm this, ram speeds have almost no influence on fps, tested with 2666, 2933, 3200 and 3600 with several ram modules... at most you'll see like 5fps diff...

Spoiler

UNLESS YOU'RE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL OF COURSE, IT MAGICALLY WILL GIVE YOU 500FPS MORE IN THAT CASE LMAO

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

12 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

cant confirm this, ram speeds have almost no influence on fps, tested with 2666, 2933, 3200 and 3600 with several ram modules... at most you'll see like 5fps diff...

Hide contents

UNLESS YOU'RE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL OF COURSE, IT MAGICALLY WILL GIVE YOU 500FPS MORE IN THAT CASE LMAO

While sometimes game dependent, Lowest RAM speed nonXMP 2133 garbage tier to Moderately good Ram speed has been proven countless times, but you do you.  I've literally seen it first hand at the computer shop I work at, whether it's general windows and app performance, and gaming, Ram Speed matters in many tasks, and in games the 1% lows are most affected, especially if multi-tasking behind the scenes which many of us do.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 hour ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

While sometimes game dependent, Lowest RAM speed nonXMP 2133 garbage tier to Moderately good Ram speed has been proven countless times, but you do you.  I've literally seen it first hand at the computer shop I work at, whether it's general windows and app performance, and gaming, Ram Speed matters in many tasks, and in games the 1% lows are most affected, especially if multi-tasking behind the scenes which many of us do.

yeah but that has nothing to do with OP's issue and also it's really more responsiveness that's effected by ram speeds...

dual channel vs single channel is the big thing if someone's concerned about performance (that can literally double your fps lol)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

17 hours ago, Squishy1015 said:

I have an Rtx 3070, ryzen 9 3900x, 32 GB ram, and a 850 watt PSU. When I'm playing almost any game my GPU and CPU hover around 30% each. On the lowest settings but they never stay at the proper framerate. Like when I play Fortnite I should be able to easily run 240 fps since I never use more than 25% on either part. But instead, I have inconsistent framerates and drops to as low as 10 fps. Even in games like Roblox recently its been randomly freezing in most games and some, it fully puts my fps to like .2fps and I have to alt+f4 to fix it.

... you're playing extremely badly optimized games...  run Firestrike benchmark, post link here so we can see if anything is wrong with your hardware.  

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

11 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

... you're playing extremely badly optimized games...  run Firestrike benchmark, post link here so we can see if anything is wrong with your hardware.  

Will do and will post them in a bit

11 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

I ran the user benchmark test and it said that all of my parts are fine these are the exact results
UserBenchmarks: Game 143%, Desk 97%, Work 166%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X - 93.6%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 - 151.7%
SSD: Crucial P5 3D NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 253.7%
SSD: WDC WDS500G2B0A-00SM50 500GB - 78.7%
SSD: Team TM8FP6001T 1TB - 224.8%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016) - 111%
HDD: Seagate Portable 2TB - 60.4%
RAM: Unknown CMK16GX4M2D3600C18 CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 CMK16GX4M2D3600C18 CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 32GB - 99.5%
MBD: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI (MS-7B93)