Strix Gaming Graphics Cards - 0dB Fan Technology

Crappy Me

Hey guys

I came over this video on youtube. I'll link it below :D

I would like you guys to watch the video and tell me what you think. 

I think this is a great idea. Even if it is not the "best" option, i thought it were a great idea.

It is certantly the graphicscard that ruin my movie experience xD

Video: 

I would love that on my card, only I can't find a custom BIOS for it to make it work :(

Compatible with Windows 95

Im more interested in the looks. Dam there sexy

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Nvidia should rolll this out in a driver update. Would have much more respect to these money hungry companies then if its not patented by asus. Also I still will have respect for nvidia and stuff regardless for the awesome products and innovation.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

cant you set a custom GPU fan graph that does this already?

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

my first thought when i heard of this, this will probably be pretty annoying if the fan ramps up and down all the time, but then i heard its from asus, and i swear the will implement in an intelligent way.

but modern graphics arent very loud in idle anyways, so meh.. but as always, its not a major improvement, but it drives the industry.

just turn up your volume!  :)

hmm, would be nice, but even now my gpu is at 31% fan speed which is silent...

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Heavy breathing...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

This feature will be on the mainstream 800 series cards 100%

I think you can, like manually setting fan speeds (percentage) and temperature via Precision.

But when they release more details we will see what makes this 0dba shenanigans special from manuallly setting the fan speeds to zero until a certain temp.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

my first thought when i heard of this, this will probably be pretty annoying if the fan ramps up and down all the time, but then i heard its from asus, and i swear the will implement in an intelligent way.

but modern graphics arent very loud in idle anyways, so meh.. but as always, its not a major improvement, but it drives the industry.

just turn up your volume!  :)

Sometimes turning up volume is not an option. It is not certain you have the opportunity in every situation, like if you are watching a movie late at night (kids sleeping) or anything like that. 

I Think it is good that they improve in all aspects when it comes to sound reduction. As long as it is an improvement I'll say go for it. Not a breakthrough, but it is still awesome to see that they try to improve :) 

I think you can, like manually setting fan speeds (percentage) and temperature via Precision.

But when they release more details we will see what makes this 0dba shenanigans special from manuallly setting the fan speeds to zero until a certain temp.

I like the idea. But as mentioned, some coolers tend to make a lot of noise when the fans change speeds.

Linus also covered this in a video. He said that; "the sound of the card is not a that big of an issue, if the sound is constant. But if the sound changes thats what we perceive the most, and thats what we find the most annoying." 

I tend to agree in that statement. 

Not at all. I've tried modding the bios, the fan just doesn't go lower lets say if the min is 26%. You can use kepler bios tweaker and change the minimum fan speed to 0% and it won't do anything.

I like the idea. But as mentioned, some coolers tend to make a lot of noise when the fans change speeds.

Linus also covered this in a video. He said that; "the sound of the card is not a that big of an issue, if the sound is constant. But if the sound changes thats what we perceive the most, and thats what we find the most annoying." 

I tend to agree in that statement. 

What did he mean with that? This card's min speed is 300 rpm. Most 780's are 1000.

• 2 weeks later...

I would trade my 780ti direct cuii for this

i7 4770k/Maximus VII Hero/Titan X/ 500gb 850evox2 r0/1000 EVGA G2