iPad 12.9" vs 11"

Considering "battery performance" and "screen quality", should the 12.9" iPad or the 11" iPad be preferred? Note: I will use it for reading PDFs, studying, taking notes, watching movies, TV series and videos, and rarely editing videos.

Just get the size you prefer, we can't really know for you

Get whatever size you want. Both sizes are rated for the same battery life on Apple's compare site.

https://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

16 hours ago, Gnoxis7 said:

Considering "battery performance" and "screen quality", should the 12.9" iPad or the 11" iPad be preferred? Note: I will use it for reading PDFs, studying, taking notes, watching movies, TV series and videos, and rarely editing videos.

Battery life and screen quality are similar, so you should really ask yourself one question:  how important is portability?

An 11-inch iPad would be my pick. You want something that's easy to hold in your hands while you read a document or jot down an important note. The larger iPad would be great for videos, but it's definitely a handful.

My friend got the 12.9, he said it was too big and regrets not picking the 11. The 11 is much easier to fit in bags and your hand, comfortably.

Apprentice Software Developer

Here's an anecdote...

Back in uni I regretted not going for the big screen due to the massive amount of note-taking - the constant scrolling was bugging me a lot, also having a second window with PDF/Safari made it frustrating, so I just gave up and started switching between apps or used it in tandem with my phone or laptop.

Years passed and my usage changed to pure consumption, so the size is not an issue anymore.

'17 iPad Pro 10.5