Windows 11 on Razer edge?

Go to solution Solved by AndreiArgeanu,
3 minutes ago, ulookuglynoob said:

Well, arent there other ways of playing PC games on it? I could also play mobile games, like cod mobile, and android fortnite. would that be better than downloading windows on it?

Well if it's the android handheld, that's pretty much all you have, and it would be better than installing windows on it. For referencee, the snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 is significantly faster than the spandragon g3x gen 1 in the razer handheld and it can just about run older games like batman arkham asylum, and even older games like that might not work fully, not because of bad performance, but because lack of support and drivers leading to graphical glitches or even worse. A steam deck running windows would be 10 times better, it has gotten better, you can watch the video below to see what windows on steam deck is like and the process of installing it, and below that there's another video of Windows on Arm, the person there is running a laptop with a snapdragon 8cx gen 3. 

Hello. I had a pretty dumb idea and wanted to see if it would work. I was thinking of downloading windows on a used razer edge for  like 230 USD and use it to play CPU intensives, like fortnite and valorant. I will connect peripherals through an adapter from USB c to like a few normal usbs. Dumb, but it might work and save me a lot of money. What do yall think? My budget is 300 usd. 

As far as I know it's an android handheld with qualcom arm chips. It'll barely run windows as it is, if you can even get it installed on the device. Arm support on Windows still sucks, and the translation layer isn't that performant. I'd personally recommend to try and find a steam deck or similar device running an x86 cpu if you intend to run those games.

16 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

As far as I know it's an android handheld with qualcom arm chips

I think OP is talking about the older edge handhelds, which used Intel Core 3rd Gen CPUs. 

Considering that, I still think it's not a good idea for windows 11. Also looking at pre-10th gen graphics cards, so it's limited to older mobile versions instead of full-fledged GPUs

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

As far as I know it's an android handheld with qualcom arm chips. It'll barely run windows as it is, if you can even get it installed on the device. Arm support on Windows still sucks, and the translation layer isn't that performant. I'd personally recommend to try and find a steam deck or similar device running an x86 cpu if you intend to run those games.

Cheaper alternatives? my budgets 300 usd, and steam decks and allys are too expensive. 

I dont need the best performance, Its just gotta be playable. 

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

I think OP is talking about the older edge handhelds, which used Intel Core 3rd Gen CPUs. 

Considering that, I still think it's not a good idea for windows 11. Also looking at pre-10th gen graphics cards, so it's limited to older mobile versions instead of full-fledged GPUs

Well, I wasn't but I may look into it. 

I will mainly use the edge like a laptop, but more portable.

well, is there other ways to play window PC games on android?

11 hours ago, ulookuglynoob said:

Cheaper alternatives? my budgets 300 usd, and steam decks and allys are too expensive. 

The steam deck. A used one. I can easily find in my area steam decks under 300$. I can even find some on eBay 

10 hours ago, ulookuglynoob said:

well, is there other ways to play window PC games on android?

I recommend saving up more money if you can't afford a steam deck, new or used, right now. Mobile gaming products are like buying a laptop basically, if you get an extremely cheap one there's no way it's powerful enough for general gaming purposes. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

The steam deck. A used one. I can easily find in my area steam decks under 300$. I can even find some on eBay 

Well, Ive seen to many videos saying that windows barely runs on that. Well, I guess it would be worse on mobile, so ima wait. Thx.

1 minute ago, ulookuglynoob said:

Well, Ive seen to many videos saying that windows barely runs on that. Well, I guess it would be worse on mobile, so ima wait. Thx.

I think originally the steam deck lacked proper Windows support, but it has improved since and it still works great with linux on it. You can also look at other handhelds at a similar pricepoint that you can find on the market.  Or if it doesn't have to be a handheld, laptops are also an option.

20 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Well, arent there other ways of playing PC games on it? I could also play mobile games, like cod mobile, and android fortnite. would that be better than downloading windows on it?

3 minutes ago, ulookuglynoob said:

Well if it's the android handheld, that's pretty much all you have, and it would be better than installing windows on it. For referencee, the snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 is significantly faster than the spandragon g3x gen 1 in the razer handheld and it can just about run older games like batman arkham asylum, and even older games like that might not work fully, not because of bad performance, but because lack of support and drivers leading to graphical glitches or even worse. A steam deck running windows would be 10 times better, it has gotten better, you can watch the video below to see what windows on steam deck is like and the process of installing it, and below that there's another video of Windows on Arm, the person there is running a laptop with a snapdragon 8cx gen 3.