LGA 1150 or LGA 1155 for futureproof gaming

Im trying to decide on a new cpu for my build and I cant decide on which socket type to get.
I want to use it for gaming but I also want a socket type so that when I need a new cpu new versions will be out.
I know its hard to futureproof a PC but im just wondering if any of you could give me some advice :D

Get a 1150 motherboard, with the Z97 chipset.

There's no such thing as future proofing, but that's the closest that exists right now.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Get the LGA 1150 with either Z87 or Z97 if you want something new but I know people still running P67 and Z68 with Core i5-2500K's and Core i7-2600K's that are still incredibly powerful (even against Haswell) and will be for quite a while yet.

EDIT: Also there is no such thing as 'Future Proof' mate :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Get a 1150 motherboard, with the Z97 chipset.

There's no such thing as future proofing, but that's the closest that exists right now.

^This.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Im trying to decide on a new cpu for my build and I cant decide on which socket type to get.

I want to use it for gaming but I also want a socket type so that when I need a new cpu new versions will be out.

I know its hard to futureproof a PC but im just wondering if any of you could give me some advice :D

There's like, 5 mobos available for 1155 in aus, future proofing doesn't usually include going backwards.

the 2600k is still very strong, Haswell doesn't perform that much better, and I hear that a refresh is close by, so why not wait for that? 

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

1150 will be around about 2 more years

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

LGA 1155 master race with our far better OCing chips. [until the 5th series in mainstream though]

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I am Also Building My New Gaming PC.. I just went with " MSI Z97 Gaming 5 "Mobo with " 4th gen i7 4770k LGA 1150 " ..   The Mobo also suports 4th and 5th Gen Cpu.. So that should be Helpful in the Future if u want to buy 5th Gen processors... 

If you have the Option.. also Try looking at the ASUS maximus VII series.. I really Like idea of the New Keybot they have.. (Sadly I don't have that Option for me in country yet)....