whenever i enter my bios and click any option using my mouse, the mouse freezes !

Hi, my os- win11, MOBO-Gigabyte B650M DS3H, bios version FA5c, mouse- hyperx pulsefire core wired,

So whenever i enter my bios and click any option using my mouse, the mouse freezes though my keyboard still works, but if i plug out and reinsert my mouse in usb port (same port or any other) my mouse work completely fine in bios until i restart my PC and enter windows (after logging in) and then  restart my pc again and then if i reenter into bios my muse freezes again when i click something in bios. but if in those steps if i never logging into windows and restart my PC again before logging into windows, my mouse works perfectly fine in bios without freezing. i tried every usb ports ( front panel/back panel/ usb 2/usb 3/ usb 3.2) and same issue. Funny thing is that my keyboard always work in bios though it's wireless. also  when my mouse stuck in bios if i restart my pc , my mouse gets unfreeze without needing to unplug it from usb port. I have uninstalled hyperx ngenuity software and still same issue. I've updated my bios from FA4 to FA5c and still same issue. i did go to device manager, uninstall all HID-Compliant Mouse drivers, DC the mouse, restart PC and then reconnect mouse on boot up, but still sdame issue. Plz help.  

i have tested my same mouse on a different PC and it worked completely fine in the bios of that PC without any freez, it was a Lenovo pc  with windows 10.
btw i tested with few other mouses and they work completely fine in bios. Also i used to have this same mouse on my old system - gigabyte Z87x-ud3h mobo and windows 10 with hyperx ngenuity software installed, but i never had this issue.

Latest update- unistalled hyperx ngenuity software >pressed mouse wheel button and dpi buttons together for 10s to factory reset the mouse> remove the mouse from usb port> restart my pc> reinserted my mouse in usb port and then the mouse worked completely fine in bios without freezing. But then when i reinstalled latest hyperx ngenuity software from Microsoft store the same issue came back. But then if i just unistalled hyperx ngenuity software the issue did not get solved , the issue got solved once i repeated my prior steps in sequence. So i think the issue is with hyperx ngenuity software , but not sure how it can effect the mouse in bios though. But i need hyperx ngenuity software cause i have different mouse profiles for different games.

btw, hyperx support asking me to update mouse firmware, but is it safe to do so? Also the firmware link support provided its giving me older version of firmware(version- 1122) than my currently installed firmware(version- 1.1.2.4) which was installed by default when i purchased the mice. should i still install the firmware? firmware update link from support - https://d1z8x2chb1ujcd.cloudfront.net/Firmware_Updates/Mice/Pulsefire_Core/HyperX_PulseFire_Core_Firmware_Update_v1122.zip

i tried to flash my mouse firmware using the firmware installer from that link but when i double click the extracted file it's showing this error- "no device found. Please connect your device to get started". so i reinserted my mouse to a different usb port and still same error happening. Now hyperx support saying i cant run the standalone firmware cause i have amd chipset. How do i flash my mouse firmware now?

5 minutes ago, EzioWar said:

Hi, my os- win11, MOBO-Gigabyte B650M DS3H, bios version FA5c, mouse- hyperx pulsefire core wired,

So whenever i enter my bios and click any option using my mouse, the mouse freezes though my keyboard still works, but if i plug out and reinsert my mouse in usb port (same port or any other) my mouse work completely fine in bios until i restart my PC and enter windows (after logging in) and then  restart my pc again and then if i reenter into bios my muse freezes again when i click something in bios. but if in those steps if i never logging into windows and restart my PC again before logging into windows, my mouse works perfectly fine in bios without freezing. i tried every usb ports ( front panel/back panel/ usb 2/usb 3/ usb 3.2) and same issue. Funny thing is that my keyboard always work in bios though it's wireless. also  when my mouse stuck in bios if i restart my pc , my mouse gets unfreeze without needing to unplug it from usb port. I have uninstalled hyperx ngenuity software and still same issue. I've updated my bios from FA4 to FA5c and still same issue. i did go to device manager, uninstall all HID-Compliant Mouse drivers, DC the mouse, restart PC and then reconnect mouse on boot up, but still sdame issue. Plz help.  

i have tested my same mouse on a different PC and it worked completely fine in the bios of that PC without any freez, it was a Lenovo pc  with windows 10.
btw i tested with few other mouses and they work completely fine in bios. Also i used to have this same mouse on my old system - gigabyte Z87x-ud3h mobo and windows 10 with hyperx ngenuity software installed, but i never had this issue.

First of all. If you're not using a Ryzen 8000 series CPU, downgrade to FA2. The newer BIOS versions is optimized for 8000 series. 

Use these ports for mouse and keyboard:

image.png.ef9ca87015852878bb2547e520ba9db1.png

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

6 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

First of all. If you're not using a Ryzen 8000 series CPU, downgrade to FA2. The newer BIOS versions is optimized for 8000 series. 

Use these ports for mouse and keyboard:

image.png.ef9ca87015852878bb2547e520ba9db1.png

i used those ports but still same issue 😞

I swear there was a topic with this exact same issue the other day

Nevermind, their problem was in windows

Apprentice Software Developer

3 minutes ago, EzioWar said:

i used those ports but still same issue 😞

Try downgrading BIOS then

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

9 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

I swear there was a topic with this exact same issue the other day

Nevermind, their problem was in windows

can u please share the link? my problem could be windows too, my os is win 11. if i never logging into windows and restart my PC again before logging into windows, my mouse works perfectly fine in bios without freezing. The freez only happen after i log into my windows 11 and then restart my pc. i have tested my same mouse on a different PC and it worked completely fine in the bios of that PC without any freez, it was a Lenovo pc with windows 10. 

8 minutes ago, EzioWar said:

can u please share the link? my problem could be windows too, my os is win 11. if i never logging into windows and restart my PC again before logging into windows, my mouse works perfectly fine in bios without freezing. The freez only happen after i log into my windows 11 and then restart my pc. i have tested my same mouse on a different PC and it worked completely fine in the bios of that PC without any freez, it was a Lenovo pc with windows 10. 

Oh right, it could be relevant then. 

It could also be another app that you are using?

Have you tried using some of the other ports? Sounds like a BIOS issue to me. Actually had this issue years back. Can't remember what mouse or motherboard it was though. Also if you don't fix it, it isn't a big deal, if its only mouse in BIOS.

FS in Denmark/EU:

1 hour ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Oh right, it could be relevant then. 

It could also be another app that you are using?

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

Have you tried using some of the other ports? Sounds like a BIOS issue to me. Actually had this issue years back. Can't remember what mouse or motherboard it was though. Also if you don't fix it, it isn't a big deal, if its only mouse in BIOS.

Latest update- unistalled hyperx ngenuity software >pressed mouse wheel button and dpi buttons together for 10s to factory reset the mouse> remove the mouse from usb port> restart my pc> reinserted my mouse in usb port and then the mouse worked completely fine in bios without freezing. But then when i reinstalled latest hyperx ngenuity software from Microsoft store the same issue came back. But then if i just unistalled hyperx ngenuity software the issue did not get solved , the issue got solved once i repeated my prior steps in sequence. So i think the issue is with hyperx ngenuity software , but not sure how it can effect the mouse in bios though. But i need hyperx ngenuity software cause i have different mouse profiles for different games.

17 minutes ago, EzioWar said:

Can you use the mouse without the software installed? Does it have profiles on the mouse?

FS in Denmark/EU:

29 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Can you use the mouse without the software installed? Does it have profiles on the mouse?

But i need hyperx ngenuity software cause i have different mouse profiles for different games.

btw, hyperx support asking me to update mouse firmware, but is it safe to do so?

Just now, EzioWar said:

btw, hyperx support asking me to update mouse firmware, but is it safe to do so?

Yeah why not

FS in Denmark/EU:

13 minutes ago, EzioWar said:

But i need hyperx ngenuity software cause i have different mouse profiles for different games.

See f you can disable hardware profiles, my Logitech mouse has them, that could be causing conflicts

54 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Yeah why not

42 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

See f you can disable hardware profiles, my Logitech mouse has them, that could be causing conflicts

btw, the firmware link support provided its giving me older version of firmware(version- 1122) than my currently installed firmware(version- 1.1.2.4) which was installed by default when i purchased the mice. should i still install the firmware?
No description available.

1 minute ago, EzioWar said:

btw, the firmware link support provided its giving me older version of firmware(version- 1122) than my currently installed firmware(version- 1.1.2.4) which was installed by default when i purchased the mice.

Has it fixed the issue?

2 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Has it fixed the issue?

i did not installed it as it older version, i asked the support about it, they haven't replied yet.

i did not installed it as it older version, i asked the support about it, they haven't replied yet.

Might as well give it a go, a newer version could have a bug related to this, could be why they gave you this version.

3 hours ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Might as well give it a go, a newer version could have a bug related to this, could be why they gave you this version.

but with current firmware my mouse working fine at bios with hyperx ngenuity software completely uninstalled, then how can it be fault of my mouse firmware? isn't the fault of  hyperx ngenuity software instead?

1 minute ago, EzioWar said:

but with current firmware my mouse working fine at bios with hyperx ngenuity software completely uninstalled, then how can it be fault of my mouse firmware?

Not sure, could change the hardware profiles

3 hours ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Not sure, could change the hardware profiles

i tried to flash my mouse firmware using the firmware installer from that link but when i double click the extracted file it's showing this error- "no device found. Please connect your device to get started". so i reinserted my mouse to a different usb port and still same error happening. Now hyperx support saying i cant run the standalone firmware cause i have amd chipset. How do i flash my mouse firmware now?

Just now, EzioWar said:

Sounds like this issue is just becoming a rabbit hole

Can you use the original software you were using and just use your keyboard in the BIOS from now on?