xfx 850W black edition

Korriban

Is a good PSU ?

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | Motherboard: Asus vi Hero | RAM: Kingstong hyperx fury 16GB (2x8GB) 1866Mhz | PSU:XFX PRO 850w  | STORAGE: WD 1tb blue | COOLER: Corsair H100i CASE: NZXT phantom (black and green) OS: Windows 7 ultimate  (64bit) | VGA : Asus DCU II 780 | Other stuff : Razer Deathadder 2013 edition - Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Razer Kraken pro - Razer Goliathus control L - LG 23' IPS full HD

It's an old PSU. Isn't even listed on XFX's website anymore. Jonnyguru's review is from late 2009. With that in mind, it scored 9.6/10. It cleared Silver efficiency nicely, regulation and ripple suppression were excellent, full Nippon capacitors. Semi-modular is fine. 5 year warranty, though I'm not sure you could find a unit still covered by the warranty for any length of time.

EDIT: XFX has a slightly confusing naming scheme. The unit I was describing is in the XPS Series. It has a green fan and an interesting definition of the colour Black.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=165

I see the Pro Series 850W Black edition on XFX's website under All Previous PSUs. This unit is actually black. So which one are you talking about?

When I bought the XFX Pro Series 750W Black Edition recently (like a month ago), NCIX sent me the XFX XTR 750W instead because the one I bought had been discontinued. I'm not sure if this is the same case with the 850W but you should check.