Not impressed with Blue's (Microphone) customer support...

MegaDave91

I've had a Blue Yeti for9 months (still under warranty) now, which I loved and used very frequently (recording guitar + teamspeak). A few weeks ago, however, I unplugged the USB cord from the front of my computer and since then it has outright stopped working. The light on the front of the Yeti has become extremely dim and it's no longer detected by my PC; doesn't work on my laptop either. 

I emailed Blue for the first time on May 6th, explained my problem and kindly asked for a replacement cable as I thought that was the culprit. The automated reply says you will receive a response within 48 hours. I was fine with that, but I didn't actually get a reply from another human being for another 6 days (so much for 48 hours)! So I said the hell with this, and bought my own cable which was only $3, but, to my surprise didn't work either. That's when I knew it wasn't something I could fix (or didn't want to void my warranty trying to fix). 

So I responded back saying I bought a cable and it didn't fix the problem. That was on May 13th...12 days ago. I've yet to receive a response, so I filled out an RMA request (probably what I'd be told to do anyway) on May 21st...and again, 4 days later and no reply (excluding the weekend of course, but there was the 22nd and 23rd which was Thurs and Fri...48 hours). 

This is really pissing me off because I have a ~$150 door stopper now sitting on my desk. It could definitely work as one as it has some heft to it.

This is just a heads-up for anyone who has a Blue product. Expect to wait much longer than "within 48 hours" for a response if you do email them.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I also don't know where to put this either, so please move it if it's the wrong subforum.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I never had a Blue product before, but for their prices, I really was expecting a much better support team...

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Thats sucky, complain about it on twitter and see if you can get one of those PR people to fix it.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

@MegaDave91 Have you tried calling yet?

818-879-5200

Also have you tried using it with another computer?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

That sucks actually. They make some great mics! It's lucky you got a cheap one though, rather than something like a bottle (although that would be much less likely to go wrong).

Pilates