am5 platform under 250$. Possible or not?

I have 250$ for a platform (cpu, mobo, ram). Im probably going with an am4 or lga 1700 system, but is it possible to go with am5 at that price point or not? Im fine with buying used

17 minutes ago, aren332 said:

I have 250$ for a platform (cpu, mobo, ram). Im probably going with an am4 or lga 1700 system, but is it possible to go with am5 at that price point or not? Im fine with buying used

simply: no
ddr5 and mobo will run u at atleast 150$ and there is no am5 cpus for under 100$, even used

no, if your budget was 350-400$, then yeah if you find a good combo deal, or search around used. this one is 400 atm:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/5006647/amd-ryzen-7-7700x,-msi-b650-p-pro-wifi,-gskill-flare-x5-series-32gb-ddr5-6000-kit,-computer-build-bundle

250 for a am4 is definitely doable, but searching used for all the parts might be best to try and get the best performance for that price point

If you can get used parts, maybe? I've seen half-decent 32GB DDR5 kits go for $30-40 and motherboards occasionally go for $50 if you look hard enough, with CPUs being able to be found for $150 even new (used AM5 chips are rarely much lower than their new counterparts), but it's an endeavor to get done. If you stick strictly to new parts though, no, it's not possible.