What games do you persoanly use for benchmark tests?

I kina wonder about this, what games do you use to benchmark a build?  Or even benchmark software as well.

I generally use:
3D Mark
Doom Eternal
Star Wars Squadrons(Although it's been broken lately)
Titanfall 2
Quake 2 RTX

3DMark

Unigine Superposition

Unigine Heaven

Furmark

And that's basically it. So no games.

I edit my posts more often than not

3dmark for actually compareable data.

RDR2 for swapping graphics card/cpus etc.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Cyberpunk 

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

19 minutes ago, uncanny_mac said:

I kina wonder about this, what games do you use to benchmark a build?  Or even benchmark software as well.

I generally use:
3D Mark
Doom Eternal
Titanfall 2
Quake 2 RTX

It depends on the person and what games they play. Like I would always check with the games I normally play (rocket league and pcbs 2) and then see my performance in them and if I’m happy with it. It’s not great for comparing performance between systems since there are other factors (not just hardware but also the software) but I’d say 3Dmark would be the best for a benchmark that you’d compare to other systems

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

20 minutes ago, uncanny_mac said:

I generally use:
3D Mark
Doom Eternal
Titanfall 2
Quake 2 RTX

Warframe, its one of the most optimized games I've ever played. Its even capable of 1400+ fps at 4k low settings in an actual mission with a variety of environments, including multiplayer.

I even did a test between a 4790k and 7950x3D with a 4090. I also regularly compare CCD0 to CCD1 on my 7950x3D. It'll be even more extreme of a test if I don't kill my 7950x3D delidding to run direct die with my NH-D15.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

For a GPU, in addition to Heaven, I always use Control. The game is brutal at max settings and because it uses basically no CPU resources whatsoever, you're entirely GPU bound. At 4K max, you could pair an RTX 4090 with an i5 6400 or an R7 7800X3D and you'd hardly notice a difference between the two in terms of average FPS. Perfect for putting a heavy load on a GPU.

It also makes for an excellent stress test. It was the only game that could reliably crash when I pushed an overclock or undervolt a bit too far. My RTX 2060 Super appeared stable with +135MHz on the core. Heaven didn't crash. OCCT stress test was fine. I played some other games with no problems. But in Control, it crashed basically instantly. Same story when I undervolted, although I didn't even both with the OCCT stress test that time. Heaven was stable. I booted up Control and, sure enough, crash.

1 hour ago, uncanny_mac said:

I generally use:
3D Mark
Doom Eternal
Titanfall 2
Quake 2 RTX

Civ 5, Forza Horizon 4, cities skylines, Halo infinite.