Dell Inspiron not connecting to Wi-Fi?

I took the screen off a Dell Inspiron 15 3511 because I didn't want to order a screen replacement. Now, I can't connect to Wi-Fi and I think it might be that on this model the Wi-Fi card is wired through the display. Do I need a new screen?

can't you just put the screen back in? don't see the need to find a workaround when you could just leave it on like it's meant to be.

your lack of screen is exremely unlikely to cause a wifi error

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

This is the service manual in PDF

https://dl.dell.com/content/manual13059505-inspiron-15-3511-service-manual.pdf?language=en-us

Page 14 shows the two WiFi antenna cables connecting to and through the Display assembly. You need those those reconnected, or obtain an aftermarket antenna and connect it to the WiFi module.

If you look on Page 68, you'll see why you need those reattached: the backside of the display is basically the antenna array as you trace both the blue and orange wires around the perimeter of it.

First of all, I should have clarified that the screen was broken so that was why I removed it and The WLAN card came off with the display. Do I need to just put that back in?

20 hours ago, coolbean28 said:

First of all, I should have clarified that the screen was broken so that was why I removed it and The WLAN card came off with the display. Do I need to just put that back in?

You didn't read anything I've posted, did you?

I did, I was checking to make sure so I don't mess it up when I try to do it.