Access is denied to harddrive

Iggzy
Go to solution Solved by BoomerDutch,
7 minutes ago, Iggzy said:

yup i did get access to some but most cant get access to them I gotta fully format the disk and start over  save what I can from my data cause this started happening for like the last 4 months and I formatted my PC but I didn't fully wipe out the data from my disks 

Save what you can and if there is any indication of corruption then its a sign that its starting degrade your files.

About those you can't change ownership it's because its tightly secured by windows probably system things.

Those you can skip but it's not impossible to change those just through PowerShell.

I recenetly tried to go onto my Disc D hard drive wich I have lots of folders and games installed on it but it shows NTFS and when I click on it it just say access denied 

I installed DDU an app to clean my GPU drivers and then this happens after I restarted any help is appreciated thanks !

image.thumb.png.4c871259e00ce0c6d9e46d43959b3096.pngimage.thumb.png.9a0af9d07e0cb9b3b16811842b9877d6.pngmy PC 

How familiar are you with DiskPart? My guess is that the disk is dead/dying.
What make and model is the disk?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

6 minutes ago, OddOod said:

How familiar are you with DiskPart? My guess is that the disk is dead/dying.
What make and model is the disk?

its a Seagate BarraCuda 1tb 

i managed to get access to the disk but now I cant access any folder inside it says " you don't currently have permission to access this folder "

17 minutes ago, Iggzy said:

i managed to get access to the disk but now I cant access any folder inside it says " you don't currently have permission to access this folder "

Apparently those files is owned by something, you can change ownership to you in permission settings.

Include subfolders too.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

1 minute ago, BoomerDutch said:

Apparently those files is owned by something, you can change ownership to you in permission settings.

Include subfolders too.

yup i did get access to some but most cant get access to them I gotta fully format the disk and start over  save what I can from my data cause this started happening for like the last 4 months and I formatted my PC but I didn't fully wipe out the data from my disks 

7 minutes ago, Iggzy said:

Save what you can and if there is any indication of corruption then its a sign that its starting degrade your files.

About those you can't change ownership it's because its tightly secured by windows probably system things.

Those you can skip but it's not impossible to change those just through PowerShell.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖