Upgrade Multi-monitor setup 2 gpu to iGPU and Gpu?

Go to solution Solved by BentleyOwen123,

that motherboard has 1x hdmi and 1x displayport, so in theory you can run 2 of the cpu, but theres also 2x usb-c which will occasionally work as video output, with a usb-c to hdmi. so a chance of 8?

Hello, I am upgrading from a ryzen  3900x with a 3060ti and 1050, which currently run 7 monitors.

I am upgrading to a ryzen 9 7900. Will I be able to run any monitors off the iGPU concurrently, so that I only need the 3060ti and not the 1050 in the machine? Even if this means only running 6 say? two on the iGPU, then 4 on the 3060ti.

MB is MSI x670-pro wifi

Many thanks

2 minutes ago, BentleyOwen123 said:

7 monitors💀

Web developer, video editing, VMs, remote computers. Then just became a challenge to myself. Old school gaming so performance of the GPUs isn't highest priority.

Just intriugued whether the new onboard stuff could run alongside standard GPU.

that motherboard has 1x hdmi and 1x displayport, so in theory you can run 2 of the cpu, but theres also 2x usb-c which will occasionally work as video output, with a usb-c to hdmi. so a chance of 8?

1 minute ago, lab4 said:

Web developer, video editing, VMs, remote computers. Then just became a challenge to myself. Old school gaming so performance of the GPUs isn't highest priority.

Just intriugued whether the new onboard stuff could run alongside standard GPU.

haha, i said that more in awe then trying to make fun of you sorry, 7 at one desk sounds badass

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

You can do that yes

Oh fantastic. So it has an HDMI and DP. Those could both be run natively and then four off the GPU? Cool.

Thank you very much

2 minutes ago, BentleyOwen123 said:

Hahaha, lack of deskspace has been the limiting factor for another.

2 minutes ago, lab4 said:

Oh fantastic. So it has an HDMI and DP. Those could both be run natively and then four off the GPU? Cool.

Thank you very much

Yes some boards may disable the igpu when a dgpu is plugged in but that is basically just change a setting in the bios and you are good to go.

Id also not overspend on a x670 board unless you are one of the 10 people that actually need a feature it has. A gigabyte b650 ds3h or ax elite is MORE than enough to run a maxed 7950x3d no sweat.

8 minutes ago, lab4 said:

Hahaha, lack of deskspace has been the limiting factor for another.

My fellow internaut, could you *please* provide a pic? I'm desperately curious
My primary rig has stacked 27" 4k monitors with a vertical 34" WQHD (split top and bottom with FancyZones) 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

10 minutes ago, OddOod said:

My fellow internaut, could you *please* provide a pic? I'm desperately curious
My primary rig has stacked 27" 4k monitors with a vertical 34" WQHD (split top and bottom with FancyZones) 

All 24s and then the main is 34 ultrawide.z

kq15q4a2.jpg

19 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yes some boards may disable the igpu when a dgpu is plugged in but that is basically just change a setting in the bios and you are good to go.

Id also not overspend on a x670 board unless you are one of the 10 people that actually need a feature it has. A gigabyte b650 ds3h or ax elite is MORE than enough to run a maxed 7950x3d no sweat.

Bargain at £150 for x670, so seemed foolish to miss.

2 hours ago, lab4 said:

kq15q4a2.jpg

GORGEOUS
You could probably get away with stacked 49" DQHD monitors and a bit of fancyzone magik. But I adore your current setup

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

6 hours ago, lab4 said:

kq15q4a2.jpg

thats sick as fuck holy