The cycle just goes ON and ON...

Fluuwu

Yes, it's me again... The most indecisive PC builder known to earth.

Once again, I am unsure about which PC fans to buy for my new build.
My preferences for the fans are: Good RGB looks, good performance/static pressure, and for them to be quiet. (not beQuiet! tho, thanks.)

Until now, I would've gone with the somewhat new Corsair QX fans, since I'm absolutely in love with the looks of them. But then, I stumble upon a single little reddit post, that says that these fans are trash and too loud. And again, I'm unsure whether to really go for them.

So my 1st question:
What are the best 120/140 (preferably fans that come in both sizes, since i'll be using the NZXT H6 Flow, which has 140 ONLY mounts at the bottom) fans, that fulfill all my preferences from above? Also, take into consideration, that I want all the same fans in one build, so it would be nice, to get AIO recommendations for AIOs, that use the same fans as the fan recommendations.

My 2nd question:
Are Corsair QX fans actually that bad?

What's your budget? IMO the Corsair LL series look the best but they're horrifically expensive

1 hour ago, Fluuwu said:

My preferences for the fans are: Good RGB looks, good performance/static pressure, and for them to be quiet. (not beQuiet! tho, thanks.)

Until now, I would've gone with the somewhat new Corsair QX fans, since I'm absolutely in love with the looks of them. But then, I stumble upon a single little reddit post, that says that these fans are trash and too loud. And again, I'm unsure whether to really go for them.

So my 1st question:
What are the best 120/140 (preferably fans that come in both sizes, since i'll be using the NZXT H6 Flow, which has 140 ONLY mounts at the bottom) fans, that fulfill all my preferences from above? Also, take into consideration, that I want all the same fans in one build, so it would be nice, to get AIO recommendations for AIOs, that use the same fans as the fan recommendations.

My 2nd question:

CM mobius, will fit nicely with the H6 flow as they are fully square fans and have great static pressure, nice rgb and have good sound iirc

Cooler Master Launches New 120mm Fans That Promise To Reduce Unwanted  Vibrations | Tom's Hardware

Infinite Fan on Steroids & In Big - Cooler Master Mobius 140P ARGB Review

image.thumb.png.89c9666328ee14b81bf2279da9be4dd4.png

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

58 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

What's your budget? IMO the Corsair LL series look the best but they're horrifically expensive

I have 3 of the LL fans in my current PC, but I'm unsure about them, cause apparently everyone hates Corsair...

5 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

CM mobius, will fit nicely with the H6 flow as they are fully square fans and have great static pressure, nice rgb and have good sound iirc

Cooler Master Launches New 120mm Fans That Promise To Reduce Unwanted  Vibrations | Tom's Hardware

Infinite Fan on Steroids & In Big - Cooler Master Mobius 140P ARGB Review

image.thumb.png.89c9666328ee14b81bf2279da9be4dd4.png

Are there white models of these? Forgot to mention that I'm looking for white fans..

5 minutes ago, Fluuwu said:

Are there white models of these? Forgot to mention that I'm looking for white fans..

Thats what i was afraid of 😅

No, the whites only come in 120mm, okay, back to the drawing board

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

1 hour ago, Blasty Blosty said:

their airflow is truly horrible. I've got one and I only use it for looks

12 minutes ago, Fluuwu said:

Phanteks D30 are good if you can fit 30mm fans Phanteks D30-120 64.3 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack (PH-F120D30_DRGB_PWM_WT01_3P) - PCPartPicker

1 hour ago, Fluuwu said:

yes, and their VERY expensive

1 hour ago, Fluuwu said:

So my 1st question:

My 2nd question:

For 140mm Phanteks PH-F140D30 71.93 CFM 140 mm Fans 3-Pack (PH-F140D30_DRGB_PWM_WT01_3P) - PCPartPicker

for non rgb 120mm Lian Li UNI FAN P28 92 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack (P28120-3W) - PCPartPicker

Edited by filpo

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

16 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Thats what i was afraid of 😅

No, the whites only come in 120mm, okay, back to the drawing board

actually a shame to see that some fan models don't have a white version these days... especially since a lot of people are geeking out about white builds

24 minutes ago, Fluuwu said:

I have 3 of the LL fans in my current PC, but I'm unsure about them, cause apparently everyone hates Corsair...

How are you unsure about them if you HAVE THEM?  Can't you make the decision for yourself by looking, listening, measuring temps, etc?

I can understand issues when trying to choose a fan.

What about Lian Li Uni Fans?

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

10 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

How are you unsure about them if you HAVE THEM?

Cause when I first built my PC, my mindset was just like "oh these look cool", and I didn't really do research on performance.

11 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

What about Lian Li Uni Fans?

I've been thinking about getting these... but a few people have said, that they often break and are loud, others have said they're perfect, so I'm not sure what to believe...

25 minutes ago, Fluuwu said:

Cause when I first built my PC, my mindset was just like "oh these look cool", and I didn't really do research on performance.

I've been thinking about getting these... but a few people have said, that they often break and are loud, others have said they're perfect, so I'm not sure what to believe...

So you're having issues finding the PERFECT fan, is that right?  Chasing waterfalls...

What's wrong with the ones you have?  Can you point out what they are failing at or you don't like?  Or is this all an OCD issue where you struggle to settle or make a decision?

I ask because all these fans are simply... just fans.  They all work with minor variations.  If you';re squabbling over the smallest of details... you're going to just get more "someone said" stuff here.  Someone will like Corsair, someone won't, someone will recommend Lian Li, someone will say they suck cuz their dog had them in their super computer, etc etc etc.

Hopefully you can come to terms with the fact your current fans are just fine and enjoy them.  Or ignore all the chaos and buy what YOU like.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

10 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

What's wrong with the ones you have?  Can you point out what they are failing at or you don't like?  Or is this all an OCD issue where you struggle to settle or make a decision?

I didn't realize anything particularly wrong with the LL fans, since I only have them as outtake fans, not intake. I absolutely love the look of them, but everyone is saying that they are bad fans when it comes to performance. Which is also why i'm thinking about replacing.

12 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

Or ignore all the chaos and buy what YOU like.

Well if it went after ME, I'd buy the QX fans, cause they look absolutely amazing. But performancewise, everyone (including multiple testing videos) says they're absolute trash.

57 minutes ago, Fluuwu said:

do those only come in 140?

Check the link above in the same post, they also come in 120

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

D30s 
120 revers blades
140 revers
+ all these in white 

(thats the fans u see in my pic)

On 4/23/2024 at 11:25 PM, Fluuwu said:

I had 6 of the original Lian li unifans as case fans in my pc with a be quiet dark rock pro 4 on a 5900x in a Lian li evo mini case for 2 years and I never had a problem with noise, temps or failures. I only moved on coz I wanted a ITX build so sold it to my mate who loves how quiet it is as well

3 hours ago, Straussy said:

I had 6 of the original Lian li unifans as case fans in my pc with a be quiet dark rock pro 4 on a 5900x in a Lian li evo mini case for 2 years and I never had a problem with noise, temps or failures. I only moved on coz I wanted a ITX build so sold it to my mate who loves how quiet it is as well

So, your experience is with v1, not v2, correct?

On 4/23/2024 at 7:40 AM, Fluuwu said:

I did a fair bit of agonizing before I built my current PC. Partially, it was because I hadn't kept up the the numerous and frequent changes in tech.

TBH, though, some of the people "helping" actually increased my anxiety. Some of it was because they didn't have the answers, couldn't explain, stupidity, ignorance, misunderstanding, laziness (i.e. they couldn't be bothered to read my request for help and just responded to the title), and/or didn't have the time to find out stuff for me. However, 2 other big factors were the people who were somewhat antagonistic, and the people who claimed to know the answers but refused to give them on the grounds that I should figure it out myself... even when I made it crystal clear that I could not. 

Differences in opinion and even experience are another thing entirely. 

These still happen to people on the 4 forums I frequent, and it really irritates me that people come here and are not helped appropriately... or at all. Granted, every once in a while someone comes who asks but doesn't listen, argues, insults and behaves poorly. 

So, I understand how you feel. I encourage you to learning coping skills that you can develop into habits.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂