Can I put my PC to sleep during a lengthy unpacking process?

I'm dealing with a lengthy unpacking process on my PC, and I'm wondering if it's possible to put my computer to sleep during this process without interrupting it. If I put my PC to sleep and then turn it back on later, will it resume the unpacking from where it left off?

The reason I'm asking is that I live in an area with frequent power outages, and I want to ensure that the unpacking process won't be wasted if my electricity cuts out. I've had a previous experience where an unpacking process was cut short due to a power outage, resulting in a waste of time and resources.

I have a laptop and a pc so im using the laptop to unpack the package before moving it to my PC

Any advice would be appreciated!

3 minutes ago, Blazepoint5 said:

I'm dealing with a lengthy unpacking process on my PC, and I'm wondering if it's possible to put my computer to sleep during this process without interrupting it. If I put my PC to sleep and then turn it back on later, will it resume the unpacking from where it left off?

Only if the "unpacking" software was written with the ability to do so.

It might work, it might make you start the process all over again, or it might check the files that were already unpacked instead of unpacking them all over again.

The safest option would be to leave the PC running. If you're losing power, and you don't have a laptop or battery backup, putting the computer to sleep won't make a lick of difference.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

If power outages are the issues, sleeping won't help, as you need power to contine to be in the sleep state. Hibernation is what you want as it allows the system to resume even with no power.

I'd get a UPS here if this is a frequent issue.

I have had bad luck with 7Z failing (which is what that "app" of your is using) if I were to close my screen to put my device to sleep.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

If power outages are the issues, sleeping won't help, as you need power to contine to be in the sleep state. Hibernation is what you want as it allows the system to resume even with no power.

I'd get a UPS here if this is a frequent issue.

I have a laptop and a pc so im using the laptop to unpack the package before moving it to my PC.

12 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Only if the "unpacking" software was written with the ability to do so.

It might work, it might make you start the process all over again, or it might check the files that were already unpacked instead of unpacking them all over again.

The safest option would be to leave the PC running. If you're losing power, and you don't have a laptop or battery backup, putting the computer to sleep won't make a lick of difference.

Yeah i got a laptop so im using it before moving the stuff to my pc

are you talking about the power of the screen on the laptop?

there is power options that after so much time reduce the screen brightness or use less cpu power. you could also just manuly reduce the brightness im guessing your unpacking for a few houres?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

10 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

are you talking about the power of the screen on the laptop?

there is power options that after so much time reduce the screen brightness or use less cpu power. you could also just manuly reduce the brightness im guessing your unpacking for a few houres?

5h if not more.