AI assisting with gate manager tasks at aiports - current and future potential

What is possible today when it comes to AI assisting gate managers at airports with stuff like finding alternate routes for passengers who are being taken off overbooked flights, or reseating passengers so people and families still sit together after a plane has been replaced with a smaller one for instace, due to technical issues, and everybody has gotten random seats on that new plane, and stuff like that?

And what advancements in AI would need to be made to make this possible, or even better, in the future? 

I know AI is already being used to track passenger activity when checking in, or to make security go faster, but haven't read anything about AI helping out for the above mentioned tasks, and just think there's a huge potential here, after having watched gate managers in airport documentaries having way too little time to solve some of those above mentioned issues manually, and also since overbooking will probably never be banned/not be a thing anymore.

37 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

with stuff like finding alternate routes for passengers who are being taken off overbooked flights, or reseating passengers so people and families still sit together after a plane has been replaced with a smaller one for instace, due to technical issues, and everybody has gotten random seats on that new plane, and stuff like that?

Why AI?
Those problems can be solved with algorithms and not much computing power.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

17 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

Why AI?
Those problems can be solved with algorithms and not much computing power.

Fair enough, just thought it required AI since it's still being done manually, at least to my knowledge, with the gate managers communicating with people in another office, finding alternate routes for their passengers, and them assigning people seats like a puzzle. At least that's how it was around 2010, in the airport documentary about Copenhagen airport here in Denmark. I actually wrote to them about this, and the status of using AI for this about a week ago, but they haven't yet responded.

On 4/20/2024 at 11:40 AM, kasdashd said:

What is possible today when it comes to AI assisting gate managers at airports with stuff like finding alternate routes for passengers who are being taken off overbooked flights, or reseating passengers so people and families still sit together after a plane has been replaced with a smaller one for instace, due to technical issues, and everybody has gotten random seats on that new plane, and stuff like that?

And what advancements in AI would need to be made to make this possible, or even better, in the future? 

AI does not belong here. AI does not belong anywhere where a safety issue may arise.

Conventional algorithms work just fine here, they are well tested, and aren't subject to black boxes or hallucinations.

Since AI can't "real time" deal with changing data, it has to be trained on things, the only place I see AI being used in Air travel is replacing the actual gate manager with an AI that scans passenger faces and passport photos, do not fly lists, and so forth, to pass those passengers off to actual humans to check discrepancy. This will basically stop passengers on interpol's "red notice", and fake passports from being useful, because these fake passports won't be in the database of "flying passengers" for that day. Secondary screening will use different data sources.

Like I don't see why you'd do this in the first place except in a countries that have no presumption of innocence. They want to keep the drug mules from being able to board a flight.

airports make it confusing on purpus. they dont give a truck if your late or on time they want you confused and wandering around spending moeny.

with a layover you can be moved from gate to gate like 10 times walking across the turmial multi times. why cant the plane just go to the gate your sapos to be at?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links