Is my water cooler dying?

VoiceLessQ

Is my water cooler Lian Li GALAHAD AIO 360 SL RGB V2 dying?

Its been acting and jump to 80C and down to 50c at normal usage allo the time. No gaming. Or have i accidently changed something is hsould changed? I have windows 10 and fans set tp pwn. 

OR im im just stupid?

Setup:
Lian Li GALAHAD AIO 360 SL RGB V2

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU - 12 kerner

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING Bundkort - AMD B550 - AMD AM4

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3600

Lian li unifans

image.png.8026172733d2cf8b0e0f1628f0969534.png

It could be.

Just like it could not be properly installed. Or the thermal paste was low quality and dried out...

Is the pump being set to follow PWM curve or is it at the full speed all the time? You want that water flowing. If you're sending less voltage to the pump, it might not be able to spin up.

What is the position of the radiator relative to the pump?

Untitled.png.a51ab51c7f2cf3895f738d8d7ee8b930.png

https://youtu.be/DKwA7ygTJn0

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Yeah, at fan speed 0% it might be an issue.

Perhaps it's just a bad fan curve or fan/pump header unplugged. 

I edit my posts more often than not

I have the "Best" at top that jay uses but all wiring is in lian li hub. It seems i need to open up and tinker my way in and see whats up. Maybe even use some of the extra wires i have and set it up different way

image.png.cce9d9d2930581be244119008ef13870.png

Still behaving and jumps to 80c, didnt changed anything. new noctua paste.

dont know what to do

image.png.f68e2a1bd2728e25112b57109c4665c8.pngimage.png.c8da35c8bc18d01d25eb728c9096e222.png

CPU temps are more connected to processes running than cooling actually. Cooling is there to keep it down when stress is constant. But usually doesn't react to short jumps and spikes. Usually you wouldn't want that either, its referred as "ramping" when cooler reacts to every small jump there is. Those aren't actually issue. Now, you should worry if your pump is making noise or not running properly. Your fans aren't running. Or you CPU is constantly at higher temps.

Additionally, you fan profile seems to be set to optimize lower noise over performance. Fans are at 900rpm and pump is at 40%. Also looking at your curve, your CPU is never going to be at 25C. Set more realistic targets and you will get better results.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 4/19/2024 at 9:43 AM, TetraSky said:

It could be.

Just like it could not be properly installed. Or the thermal paste was low quality and dried out...

Is the pump being set to follow PWM curve or is it at the full speed all the time? You want that water flowing. If you're sending less voltage to the pump, it might not be able to spin up.

What is the position of the radiator relative to the pump?

https://youtu.be/DKwA7ygTJn0

That is dependent on the pump location. If the pump is IN the rad, Best=worst.

Also, no matter what, the way he's holding the block (better and bad) with the tubes down is always the least desirable positioning. Tubes should always come out of the side or top to avoid air buildup in the block - even if the pump isn't in there.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

To add to @LogicalDrm's suggestions, and reiterate what @TetraSky said, you should make sure that the pump is set to a constant speed. The slower its max speed, the higher it should be set, and that speed should not change in order to reduce wearing out the pump faster. Unfortunately, I didn't see the pump flow rate and head/lift or anything else of use about the pump listed on the site. Are that data shown on your box? They are not in the manual, either.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

why do i have the feeling that  "OK and better" is much better than "best"  😆

Rad not making noise, also i tested the different settings to low and high and different curves to see what's up.  What you see up there is i set it to silent mode to see if there are any differents between ramping "rampage" temps jump in temperature.  even at lo 3% usage the temps jumps and down in temperature. 

Looks like i need to test fresh windows and fresh software update and see what's gonna happens. 

Also set the inout and output fans to constant speed didnt changed, same thing happens.

I might change to "OK" position as jay shows it and see

52 minutes ago, VoiceLessQ said:

Rad not making noise, also i tested the different settings to low and high and different curves to see what's up.  What you see up there is i set it to silent mode to see if there are any differents between ramping "rampage" temps jump in temperature.  even at lo 3% usage the temps jumps and down in temperature. 

Looks like i need to test fresh windows and fresh software update and see what's gonna happens. 

Also set the inout and output fans to constant speed didnt changed, same thing happens.

I might change to "OK" position as jay shows it and see

You didn't mention the pump speed...?