MSI gt70 gpu throttling?

Hi, I recently acquired an MSI GT70 0ND-445US which has i7 3630qm, gtx 675m and 12gb ddr3 1600mhz ram. My problem is that in most of the games i play, my fps will drop dramatically and i notice that when it happens it's due to my gpu usage dropping down really low(20-35%), causing the game to go from 45-60fps down to 10-20 fps. It does this in games such as AC3, FC3 and even not so demanding games such as Heroes Of Newerth. I fairly certain it isn't due to the games as I play them fine on my desktop (3570k @ 4.6 + gtx 670 PE) and no throttling.

I checked and made sure that :

-on AC power

-latest Nvidia drivers 

could it be that it runs windows 8?

Thanks in advance.

its thermal throttling it happens a lot on the laptops that has good cpu and gpu but crappy cooler 

what you can do

clean up the fan

re apply thermal paste

get an laptop cooler (which im not sure if it makes a lot differance)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Thanks for the reply but i don't think it's that.

My hottest temp during my gaming session was 67c on the gpu which I don't think should cause any throttling on a Fermi based GPU, and 68c on my cpu.