NOTHING lets me boot into Windows, and it can't be "fixed"?

Go to solution Solved by BoomerDutch,
13 minutes ago, RagePoweredGamer said:

New problem. "Temp" folder in AppData. Can't even open it. "The directory is corrupted and unreadable."

Okay it's possible that ssd is faulty.

Might be possible that you need new ssd.

Considering more things is corrupt and broken.

It is unfortunate news it was not recoverable even with cloning since ssd is faulty.

If you can't sleep regardless you can keep salvaging it put it D: drive before that drive degrades further if it's the case.

I'm heading off, ill reply later.

Wish you good luck!

30 minutes ago, RagePoweredGamer said:

THAT will be a big problem then. I'll NEVER find them all again...

Why not?

You have a disk with program files with a list of allt he programs.

So you have the names and can find it.

I do have to ask. What was the plan for when you needed to replace this pc be it by your own choice or unexpected failiure? It wont last forever and with win 10 going down in 2025 it will only be able to run patched 11 for so long.

Start with a fresh install and then install all you need when you notice you need it.

Id defo get a copy of the 850 evo to the hdd for files you need as from rereading things I have a feeling it is kinda fucked on a hardware level or just massively borked file wise.

14 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Why not?

You have a disk with program files with a list of allt he programs.

So you have the names and can find it.

I do have to ask. What was the plan for when you needed to replace this pc be it by your own choice or unexpected failiure? It wont last forever and with win 10 going down in 2025 it will only be able to run patched 11 for so long.

Start with a fresh install and then install all you need when you notice you need it.

Id defo get a copy of the 850 evo to the hdd for files you need as from rereading things I have a feeling it is kinda fucked on a hardware level or just massively borked file wise.

My plan, I had already started. I was moving all important things to D drive, which I already upgraded once. I was going to wait until I got up the prep work to get a new MOBO, RAM, and CPU, then migrate the PC, get a new NVME SSD and make it move over there. And will 10 stop working in 2025? I know people still running 7. I was going to run 10 until the "forced migration" and then spend a weekend making 11 exactly like 10, because every time I have to use 11 at work, I almost vomit. It's so gross in every way. I hate it. 

9 minutes ago, RagePoweredGamer said:

And will 10 stop working in 2025?

All updates will stop it will still run but be open to any and all security problems to come.

Good you have a plan.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

All updates will stop it will still run but be open to any and all security problems to come.

Good you have a plan.

Not worried about security. I don't even play games online, really. This machine is basically "Indie Game And Retro Game Central... And Watching Youtube... And Plex Server For The Living Room." 

I'll migrate to the new version when they foist it upon us in the night, like they did with 10, and then I'm going to mod it all to hell. What was that thing? Windows 10 Emiliorated or whatever? Yeah, that.
If I can't make it how I like, I'm going to say "screw it" and just force myself onto Linux and use WINE or whatever. I know nothing.

10 hours ago, BoomerDutch said:

Glad not everything is lost.

Well I'm at the end of my rope.
Got new SSD.
Installed Windows. (spent like 2 entire hours just getting my monitors and boot order to work for some reason.)

I have no idea how to just USE my old user profile. I copied all the contents. Nope. I copied the (possible) entirety of the old user folder to the new drive. Nope. I made a new user in Windows, and named it the exact same thing as the old user, AND IT MADE A NEW FUCKING USER WITH SOME GARBAGE TEXT AFTER THE NAME I MADE.

I want to throw the whole thing away. I truly do. 

Am I doing something wrong? Can I access my old user profile? (I have the old drive still connected, and can access it as a tertiary drive)

Do I really have to go find everything again and install it? 

I have a user profile with everything in its place. Can I just USE it? 
Now that I have Windows up and running on a different drive, can I use this new drive's Windows to fix the old one? Everything is wrong. I just want to log into the account on the old drive. I'll even clone the drive to the new one to make sure this doesn't happen again. It fucked up my documents folder in D: drive, so now every time I try to do something, I can't do D:\Documents. I have to go to D:\Users\Joshua_2\documents\My Games. 

simple and most obvious solution: buy new cmos battery. 

profit.

the thing you got there is ancient... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Just now, Mark Kaine said:

simple and most obvious solution: buy new cmos battery. 

profit.

the thing you got there is ancient... 

I'm 99% sure that my CMOS is totally fine and this is completely unrelated, based on the problem being in Windows, not the MOBO or BIOS or UEFI

8 hours ago, RagePoweredGamer said:

Well I'm at the end of my rope.
Got new SSD.
Installed Windows. (spent like 2 entire hours just getting my monitors and boot order to work for some reason.)

I have no idea how to just USE my old user profile. I copied all the contents. Nope. I copied the (possible) entirety of the old user folder to the new drive. Nope. I made a new user in Windows, and named it the exact same thing as the old user, AND IT MADE A NEW FUCKING USER WITH SOME GARBAGE TEXT AFTER THE NAME I MADE.

I want to throw the whole thing away. I truly do. 

Am I doing something wrong? Can I access my old user profile? (I have the old drive still connected, and can access it as a tertiary drive)

Do I really have to go find everything again and install it? 

I have a user profile with everything in its place. Can I just USE it? 
Now that I have Windows up and running on a different drive, can I use this new drive's Windows to fix the old one? Everything is wrong. I just want to log into the account on the old drive. I'll even clone the drive to the new one to make sure this doesn't happen again. It fucked up my documents folder in D: drive, so now every time I try to do something, I can't do D:\Documents. I have to go to D:\Users\Joshua_2\documents\My Games. 

That's because you don't have permissions to those files select folders that you don't have acces and select properties and then change permission then change owner to you the new user.

Once you click change owner screen comes up.

You can type in your name and it should be able to pick up or you can list all users and click your profile.

Do select folder and under so it takes all files to you as owner.

Windows did try use files but don't have acces because its still owned by old user.

Stupid windows things.

Hopefully after owner change it should be able to pick up.

Would prefered to do this before transfer.

But you already did not sure if windows will revert back to old profile.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖