xpg pylon or sliverstone viva bronze

Nucke64

hi i am bit confused on the psu tierlist becasue the sliverstone brozen one is in the speculative position while xpg is not even tho it is a less know brand so which one is better?

i think xpg one is better bcs it has OPP, UVP, OVP, SCP, OTP and OCP NLO AND SIP while silversotne one only has OPP OVP AND SCP only the only think i am worried that xpg has half baked protection then the silverstone one

Need more details, where are you shopping from? For what will this PSU be used for, etc.

i am form pakistan the main lines use 230v

i had my psu corsair vs 650 started arcing 2 months ago when i brought it used i did not know of the psu tier list at the time for context why i buying a new psu

my specs are cpu          e5 2697v3   mobo              asus ws/ipmi    gpu            rx6600 non xt ver

the pc mostly like will be used for gaming i wound like to try streaming in the future if possible

the main concerns i have are that since i am in pakistan random blacks used to happen tho infrequently nowdays the voltage form the main lines used to go to 250 260 v sometimes tho has not happened these past to  year or so tho the v does clime to 245v sometimes

i want a good budget psu that can handle these these tho i will get separate ovp ocp socket protectors just in case

i don't have a lot of money 20k rps or 70 usd

so i want a good psu within this budget the good ones i found are xpg and silver stone ones

You might want to invest in a decent surge protector as well while at it. Cause even the best PSUs on earth can as well get toasted easily during a heavy power spike session, if the house has bad wiring, for instance.

IDK what options you can reach with 20k rupees or whatever, but it does sound like you're indeed limited budget-wise.

Though, a PSU is definitely, as they always say.. NOT something you should cheap out on. I'd likely, heavily suggest you towards better PSUs than these if power spikes are indeed a concern. Well, not just because of that but more because it would be better to just have a $100 PSU than a $70 one specifically in a country with inflated prices.

I'd honestly recommend a UPS instead of a PSU....
I assume you at least have the PC on a surge protector rather than a normal power strip

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

the most i can spend 22k or 80 dollars max the

only real options psu i have deep cool pk-d  xpg poly gigabyte pd corsair cx are the good branded ones in my country

https://zahcomputers.pk/category/power-supplies/?orderby=price

if you help me find in the site you think is good enough

and i am planing to buy something like this

https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005006236330050.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2vnm

so have extra layer of security for my components

14 minutes ago, OddOod said:

I'd honestly recommend a UPS instead of a PSU....
I assume you at least have the PC on a surge protector rather than a normal power strip

i did but it got burnt so i am planing to buy a new one

https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005006236330050.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2vnm

would this be enough

ups are quite a bit expensive or cost almost the same as a psu

That thing is an adjustable power line of the aliexpress flavor, stay away.

I do have an adjustable singular line like that, but it's much better and I only use it to power a lamp... 

however, that user would indeed be right in saying invest in a UPS. It should be your bar none base protection when the surges happen on a repulsive basis. When it comes to surge protectors, a simple APC 4 plugger would be easily fine.

19 minutes ago, Motifator said:

That thing is an adjustable power line of the aliexpress flavor, stay away.

I do have an adjustable singular line like that, but it's much better and I only use it to power a lamp... 

however, that user would indeed be right in saying invest in a UPS. It should be your bar none base protection when the surges happen on a repulsive basis. When it comes to surge protectors, a simple APC 4 plugger would be easily fine.

https://www.daraz.pk/products/i413474213-s1971319195.html?aff_trace_key=399060a9ff4444e2924a854b6568c0f5-1713474266667-09222-_CWUQND

something like this?