Gigabyte drivers 7z setup sfx compatibility error?

Hey all,

so I'm setting up my newly built pc and was installing the drivers from the mobo website https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B650-AORUS-ELITE-AX-rev-12/support#support-dl-driver-wlanbt and got this really weird error...

I might read too much but I read on some forum something virus related? Theres no way right, I downlaoded the driver from the mobo website, and put it on my install media usb stick.

I installed  in order: the realtek LAN driver, the realtek 8852 wifi driver, and then the Realtek 8852 Bluetooth driver, which caused the Program Compatibility Assistant popup.

Does anyone have any idea what this is, and why it happened? What should I do now?

Any help much appreciated!

I'm unclear on the issue. 
When installing the drivers you got a 7zip error?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Just now, OddOod said:

Yes... I don't really have more to go on either. I executed the driver filed one by one (waiting for the install to finish of course) and after the bluetooth driver I got this popup... 😭

4 minutes ago, OddOod said:

The only other info I could add is I just built this pc, amd chipset driver installed, nvidia driver installed, didnt activate windows with a key yet

Have you rebooted? 
Did you try running the driver install as admin?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

18 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Have you rebooted? 
Did you try running the driver install as admin?

Oh my god my brain is cooked after 2 days building and setting everything up 💀

So I restarted and exectued as admin and the error did not pop up thank you!

Is there a chance that my clicking "Install using compatibility settings" and trying to run the .exe 1 or 2 times again afterwards messed anything up? The "Realtek Bluetooth adapter" under Bluetooth in device manager shows the same driver version as the one I downloaded so seems to be all good?

I'm still confused about the 7z thing, was 7zip bundled in the exe? If so, why is it not installed anywhere on my pc now?

Either way, thanks alot!

9 minutes ago, NotIPlayForFun said:

Is there a chance that my clicking "Install using compatibility settings" and trying to run the .exe 1 or 2 times again afterwards messed anything up?

unlikely

9 minutes ago, NotIPlayForFun said:

I'm still confused about the 7z thing, was 7zip bundled in the exe? If so, why is it not installed anywhere on my pc now?

Who knows. I did see that 7z is a common platform for making self extracting packages.