Do i need to do anything before attaching my old Sata SSD and HDD to my new system?

Go to solution Solved by Ryker Robb,
17 minutes ago, EzioWar said:

so i need to first attach the old ssd(also assinged "C" as drive letter) to system first and then boot into windows 11 from my brand new ssd (assinged "C" as drive letter) to be able to used CMD right? but having "C" assigned to that old ssd as well wont be an issue?

No, windows should automatically assign a different letter. 

Hi, i just fresh installed windows 11 on my new m.2 ssd and windows named it drive "C" as usual.. but i already had an old sata ssd and it also was drive C and it has my old os windows 10 and i also had a 1 TB hdd which hd 3 partitions- D,E,F. now since installed that new m.2 SSD into my system  i haven't connected that old sata SSD and HDD to my system. But now i wanna connect that sata ssd and hdd to my system. my hdd has all the important files which i dont wanna lose so i dont wanna format that hdd but i want to completely delete everything on my old sata ssd . Now what should i do to use all those storages in my system without losing data from HDD but erasing everything from that old sata ssd ? 

For the ssd with the windows install on it, i would recommend doing a clean command from diskpart, which here is a tutorial if you need it: https://www.seagate.com/support/kb/how-to-diskpart-eraseclean-a-drive-through-the-command-prompt-005929en/, then you should be able to reformat it like normal in disk management.

As for the hdd, you should be able to just plug it in, and it should just work, although you might need to reassign drive letters.

Just be careful to only use the clean command on the ssd you want to reformat, i recommend doing this before you plug in the hdd. 

1 hour ago, Ryker Robb said:

For the ssd with the windows install on it, i would recommend doing a clean command from diskpart, which here is a tutorial if you need it: https://www.seagate.com/support/kb/how-to-diskpart-eraseclean-a-drive-through-the-command-prompt-005929en/, then you should be able to reformat it like normal in disk management.

As for the hdd, you should be able to just plug it in, and it should just work, although you might need to reassign drive letters.

Just be careful to only use the clean command on the ssd you want to reformat, i recommend doing this before you plug in the hdd. 

so i need to first attach the old ssd(also assinged "C" as drive letter) to system first and then boot into windows 11 from my brand new ssd (assinged "C" as drive letter) to be able to used CMD right? but having "C" assigned to that old ssd as well wont be an issue?

17 minutes ago, EzioWar said:

No, windows should automatically assign a different letter.