Can my gaming laptop support 1440p external monitor for gaming

Cryogenic

I have a gaming laptop acer nitro 16 which has ryzen 7 and rtx 4060 and planning to buy 1440p monitor 180hz for gaming i play valorant will my laptop support it

Just now, Cryogenic said:

I have a gaming laptop acer nitro 16 which has ryzen 7 and rtx 4060 and planning to buy 1440p monitor 180hz for gaming i play valorant will my laptop support it

Again HDMI tends to be 144hz, told you that in your last topic.

I answered this in detail in your last topic. 

4 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Again HDMI tends to be 144hz, told you that in your last topic.

My frieng has a gaming laptop with monitor 180 hz it perfectly supports 180hz connected with hdmi

10 minutes ago, Cryogenic said:

My frieng has a gaming laptop with monitor 180 hz it perfectly supports 180hz connected with hdmi

Are you sure about that? Since HDMI 2.0 is limited to 144hz. If that laptop has HDMI 2.1 then its technically possible but even then they tend to be just limited to 144hz. Are  you sure they arent using a USB -C Port?

9 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Are you sure about that? Since HDMI 2.0 is limited to 144hz. If that laptop has HDMI 2.1 then its technically possible but even then they tend to be just limited to 144hz. Are  you sure they arent using a USB -C Port?

There are no specific refresh rate limitations on any interface.

HDMI is limited to 144 Hz at 1440p due to its maximum bit rate, if 8 bpc RGB color is used. If the monitor is 1080p, or any of those other things change, the maximum refresh frequency will change.

I can confirm that i used to use hdmi on a 1080p monitor @ 240hz and it worked like a charm. Op specs are more than enough for low-mid 1440p gaming.