My ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Memory issues after BIOS Update

Go to solution Solved by GodOfKnockers,

Well isn't my face red...That worked. All the ram is working now and there are no crashes of issues.

I have an ASUS TUF Gaming X570-plus motherboard, and a few days ago, I installed the latest BIOS update (5013) and since then, I have had all kinds of issues with memory. I had all these errors popping up and I have had to resort to doing memory testing. After a few hours of tests, I found that ALL of the memory checks out and that it's a DIMM slot on the motherboard (Slot A1) that is causing the memory problems and crashes, so I removed the DIMM from the slot and it's been fine since. I inspected the slot and I don't see any damage or burns in he slot. 

Even though this is a signal that the mobo is starting to go out, what still gets me is that the board is only 4 years old and that I have NEVER had a single issue with memory until I did this recent bios update. It's weird, but I just can't ignore it. Is there something I'm missing?

8 minutes ago, GodOfKnockers said:

I have NEVER had a single issue with memory until I did this recent bios update

Have you gone back to the older BIOS revision you were running before? Newer does not always mean better for BIOS revisions, especially for memory support, especially on AMD systems where the AGESA updates are liable to break memory overclocking every once in a while. It's very likely that this BIOS revision is just borked, and running it is not a good idea. 

Is there a particular reason you did the BIOS update now? Unless you have a specific reason to, it's generally a good idea to find a BIOS revision that works and stick with it. 

25 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Have you gone back to the older BIOS revision you were running before? Newer does not always mean better for BIOS revisions, especially for memory support, especially on AMD systems where the AGESA updates are liable to break memory overclocking every once in a while. It's very likely that this BIOS revision is just borked, and running it is not a good idea. 

Is there a particular reason you did the BIOS update now? Unless you have a specific reason to, it's generally a good idea to find a BIOS revision that works and stick with it. 

The Mobo was actually 3 versions behind, so I updated it to keep up to date. I am going to try and revert back to the older version and hope that helps.

Well isn't my face red...That worked. All the ram is working now and there are no crashes of issues.