GPU hotspot high temperature 3070TI

17 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

But HWinfo also has a VRAM temp sensor ?

And

image.png.31b499359451fafa32feb6b4880e1b60.png

Not sure all cards expose VRAM temperature so perhaps then they are bundled into hot spot then?  I mean it makes sense that GPU temperature should be core hot spot, with GPU hot spot including every sensor on the card.

VRM sensors aren't exposed, so it would make sense those would be bundled in.

Basically the HwInfo Author is admitting they don't exactly know for sure, it could include anything due to being undocumented.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

35 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Not sure all cards expose VRAM temperature so perhaps then they are bundled into hot spot then?  I mean it makes sense that GPU temperature should be core hot spot, with GPU hot spot including every sensor on the card.

VRM sensors aren't exposed, so it would make sense those would be bundled in.

Basically the HwInfo Author is admitting they don't exactly know for sure, it could include anything due to being undocumented.

In my opinion, any sensor where a developer is unsure of what it specifically measures should NOT be bundling them in with another one. They should list it as a separate UNKNOWN sensor reading, not bundle it with another sensor reading. 

If video card manufacturers are part of the problem, then shame on them. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

In my opinion, any sensor where a developer is unsure of what it specifically measures should NOT be bundling them in with another one. They should list it as a separate UNKNOWN sensor reading, not bundle it with another sensor reading. 

If video card manufacturers are part of the problem, then shame on them. 

It does make me wonder, if they aren't sure what hot spot monitors, how did they even figure it IS a hot spot reading to start with?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

12 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

What specific 3070 Ti do you have?

msi geforce rtx 3070 ti ventus 3x 8g oc