Keyboard for my wife

Final Blade

I am looking for a mechanical keyboard for my wife.

Needs to have:

• Backlight* with shine through keycaps*. (Want to be able to see the keys if in a dark room, .)
  • Cherry MX Browns: Tactile, non-clicky. (Cherry MX Browns, but looking for less clicky, and tactile)
  • Full keyboard, numpad is needed.
  • USB-A
  • Removable key caps (mainly just so we can clean under the keys)

Wants:

• Media keys
  • Controllable RGB backlight
  • Spill resistant* (We have a baby, things get knocked over. So this might be better stated as a replaceable switches)
  • No extra software to make the keyboard work, see avoid.

Avoid:

Do not require I have software installed to change the backlight from being a stupid password unsafe setting. My current keyboard default backlight, and if the  backlight software is off is to be a solid color, and when a key is pressed change to a different color for a couple seconds. meaning you can see the keys pressed and in what order if you watch the keyboard.

Price range: less than $150, USA currency. *This is not a hard limit, and if what is needed is at a higher budget, then the budget will increase.

Edits have a *.

Keychron K10 Pro - $109

Black, fully assembled, RGB backlight, K Pro Brown

https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-k10-pro-qmk-via-wireless-mechanical-keyboard?variant=40398046167129

They sell a bunch of switches in their store too if the included K Pro Browns are mediocre. 

Baby Kangaroo switches are great tactile ones, but at $66 for 110pcs it goes over your budget. Gateron is great overall and their Pro 2.0 and 3.0 line-up reliable switches with very vanilla characteristics.

The keycaps are not shine-through which is the only downside, so you should look up "shine through keycaps" through some online vendor like Amazon, Aliexpress, Etsy, etc. if it is important.

Spill resistant is kind of a silly ask. You can stick to cheap membrane keyboards if you're going to be clumsy around electronics.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |