New Technology Development Pushed by Feds Allows for Data Collection on Every Child

A new study released by the Boston-based Pioneer Institute finds that new technology development that has been encouraged through the use of federal grants has served to threaten children’s privacy by allowing the collection of data on every child.

Authors of the study Emmett McGroarty, Joy Pullmann, and Jane Robbins make the case that by means of the nationalized Common Core standards, which states were lured into adopting through competitive grants in the Obama administration’s Race to the Top (RttT) stimulus program in 2009, the federal government has used grant funds to induce states to build identical, increasingly sophisticated student data systems.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/22/Study-New-Technology-Development-Pushed-By-Feds-Allows-For-Data-Collection-on-Every-Child

Dont worry guys, its to keep you and your children safe from TERRORISTS.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in 1984 when I read stuff like this.  Is there any hope for the right of privacy in the future?

yes, the rest of the world :P the EU is leading the fight for privacy in most areas, but its all thanks to the US, you see the US does something and then the EU just have to do the exact opposite :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

yes, the rest of the world :P the EU is leading the fight for privacy in most areas, but its all thanks to the US, you see the US does something and then the EU just have to do the exact opposite :)

And you have faster internet... I think I'll just move over there.   :)

on a serious note , this is turning out to be somewhat a imprisioning system, we live in some sort of a virtual prison & making us thinking like we are free , governments acting like it's nessesary , This is exactly what Snowden had seen, eventho he knew it was wrong , it was better for greater reasons. Justifiable or not, but we're in the system already , what can you do?

Details separate people.

You forgot the part where they say "By the way, since we honestly think you're all so fucking stupid, you're all considered Children so for your own sake, fuck your privacy. Kind Regards, the NSA"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Glad I don't live in America.

"Land of the free".... Yeah right.

"NSA agent: sir, our intels inform us that there is a potential for a huge risk to our nation.

Director: whats the situation?

NSA agent: there is a 12 years old kid, he is thinking to eat the edges of his sandwich and shape it like a gun.

Director: Send the SWAT team!!!, oh god help us to fight the terrorists."

Ah yes. Spying on 12 year old children will surely help in the fight against terrorists.

Just imagine the colossal damage this could do if a security hole in the system were found.

So since they are now allowed to spy on children does that mean websites and forums will no longer require you to be over 18 to sign up?

Also to people asking "how can this change?" this will only change if you have a bloody revolution in the USA or some other country straight up invades the USA and takes over the government. But even then there is a chance that the new people who assume the throne will continue using the same tools. That's why you don't create things like this, if it exist it will be used.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.