Update: Fixed. [3070 stopped working after cleaning PC. need help for new card]

BaidDSB

I didn't even unplug the power cables from the card. Pc turns on but there's no display output even though the card light turns on.

Just used brushes to remove the dirt. Plugged in the card again.

Computer is running on. Ram and everything is lighting up. Even graphics card light is on. But no display on either dp or hdmi.

Assuming zotac refuses rma and I'm screwed, what card should I buy, 4070 or the super varient?

Can't afford more an this point.

Update: Turns out i had to follow the YT guides on how to rub the ram pins with an eraser. And done!

although now, my ram wont even go beyond 2866 mhz, no matter what i do. before it at least went 2933

Seems like you gave up pretty quickly. Have you tried resetting CMOS?

An exact sequence of events might help. It reads like you took the card out of the mobo but left the PCI-E power cables connected, then cleaned it and put it back, and did all of this without cutting main power to the PC's PSU. I'm thinking that's incorrect, but more detail would help.

If this is just you wanting a new card and knowing it, and using this as a flimsy excuse, that's cool. We've all been there. 4070 Super.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Seems like you gave up pretty quickly. Have you tried resetting CMOS?

An exact sequence of events might help. It reads like you took the card out of the mobo but left the PCI-E power cables connected, then cleaned it and put it back, and did all of this without cutting main power to the PC's PSU. I'm thinking that's incorrect, but more detail would help.

If this is just you wanting a new card and knowing it, and using this as a flimsy excuse, that's cool. We've all been there. 4070 Super.

I actually used a new CMOS battery too.

So I unplugged all the cables and took the car to another room. I opened the glass panel, unscrewed the card. Pulled it out of the slot. Then cleaned it while keeping the cables on. Then I pulled the CMOS. Then I cleaned the rest of the PC for about 30 minutes. Then put in the new CMOS. And then put back the card it. Yes the 2 cables from the psu were attached to the card the whole time. But obviously it was in another room from my desk so no power.

Anyway, i then put everything back in. Everything lit up, keyboard, ram, the card lights.

But no output on do or hdmi.

Btw, I cleared the CMOS again and held the power button for 5 minutes before plugging it again, after I made this post. Also i unseated the ram and stuck it in again.

Honestly I don't want to buy a new card if I can help it. But still wanted to ask.

Also, is 4070 ti super much better than the 4070 super?

1 minute ago, BaidDSB said:

I actually used a new CMOS battery too.

So I unplugged all the cables and took the car to another room. I opened the glass panel, unscrewed the card. Pulled it out of the slot. Then cleaned it while keeping the cables on. Then I pulled the CMOS. Then I cleaned the rest of the PC for about 30 minutes. Then put in the new CMOS. And then put back the card it. Yes the 2 cables from the psu were attached to the card the whole time. But obviously it was in another room from my desk so no power.

Anyway, i then put everything back in. Everything lit up, keyboard, ram, the card lights.

But no output on do or hdmi.

Btw, I cleared the CMOS again and held the power button for 5 minutes before plugging it again, after I made this post. Also i unseated the ram and stuck it in again.

Honestly I don't want to buy a new card if I can help it. But still wanted to ask.

Also, is 4070 ti super much better than the 4070 super?

Ah, so the PCI-E cables were connected to the card, but disconnected from the PSU? A little odd, but shouldn't affect anything afaik.

So a couple more thoughts, and then we're past my depth:

• Have you tried a different PCIe x16 slot with the card?
  • Have you switched to the card's backup BIOS using the little switch on the card? I'm assuming a 3070 would have one.

It seems odd that your actions would have damaged the card, and more likely that something was unseated or damaged on the board. I'd do more troubleshooting there before giving up on it, because if you do buy a new card and it still doesn't work, well, that'd be annoying.

I don't own a 4070 of any type so can't comment beyond saying to check the reviews. 4070 Super is, from what I've seen, regarded as an excellent value, but the 4070 Ti Super will without a doubt be more powerful. No idea if the power gain outweighs the price increase.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

17 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Ah, so the PCI-E cables were connected to the card, but disconnected from the PSU? A little odd, but shouldn't affect anything afaik.

So a couple more thoughts, and then we're past my depth:

• Have you tried a different PCIe x16 slot with the card?
  • Have you switched to the card's backup BIOS using the little switch on the card? I'm assuming a 3070 would have one.

It seems odd that your actions would have damaged the card, and more likely that something was unseated or damaged on the board. I'd do more troubleshooting there before giving up on it, because if you do buy a new card and it still doesn't work, well, that'd be annoying.

I don't own a 4070 of any type so can't comment beyond saying to check the reviews. 4070 Super is, from what I've seen, regarded as an excellent value, but the 4070 Ti Super will without a doubt be more powerful. No idea if the power gain outweighs the price increase.

No I mean the psu didn't have power from the wall. The card was connected to the psu via cables.

The 3070 I have have no other bios.  Also i have a matx board so no other 16x slot.

30 minutes ago, BaidDSB said:

the part that sticks out to me was pulling the cmos, the card might be fine.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

The card is probably fine. Something is being left out of the story, or it is a UEFI issue.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

7 minutes ago, freeagent said:

The card is probably fine. Something is being left out of the story, or it is a UEFI issue.

I don't think I left anything out. I just swapped out the old and new CMOS maybe 3&4 times in total.

I don't think I left anything out. I just swapped out the old and new CMOS maybe 3&4 times in total.

try connecting your display cable to the mobo and see if you get any display

2 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

try connecting your display cable to the mobo and see if you get any display

But I have a 5600x. Do they have on board graphics?

But I have a 5600x. Do they have on board graphics?

hmm im not sure, wouldnt hurt to try

6 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

hmm im not sure, wouldnt hurt to try

Tried. Nothing.

38 minutes ago, xg32 said:

So my bios regularly resets my ram clock speeds. For 3 years. Also it can't go beyond 3000, or enable xmo/docp.

I regularly put my PC to hibernate. Which i read apparantly drains CMOS.... So I replace it once a year.

Last 2 times it was fine. This time everything went to shit.

Update: Turns out i had to follow the YT guides on how to rub the ram pins with an eraser. And done!

although now, my ram wont even go beyond 2866 mhz, no matter what i do. before it at least went 2933