Is the monitor broken?

ItzUknown

Hello,
I was at a friends house when her pc monitor all of a sudden went black and only a couple of rows at the top where showing her wallpaper. I tried to diagnose the issue thinking that its gpu related but we noticed that the pc is still fully functional even in that state (so it does not freeze). I did not think to take a picture and upload it here, but does anyone think that its monitor related and not the hardware? The pc is basically new and even before she upgraded it she ocassionally had that problem. Her monitor is a Xiaomi Mi 24inch. I can't really say I've had any experiences with that monitor nor can I find any threads with something close to this problem. 

P.S. There are a couble of rows that look like burnt pixels or something like that, that stays on the display at all times even if the pc is not giving a signal

Thanks in advance!

sounds like it could be the monitor imo, but simple way to know. just try a different monitor or tv. if that isn't available, take a screenshot, and email it to your phone or another pc, and see if it shows up. if not, then most likely monitor. not sure if there is an easier/better way, but thats how i would test it.

28 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

sounds like it could be the monitor imo, but simple way to know. just try a different monitor or tv. if that isn't available, take a screenshot, and email it to your phone or another pc, and see if it shows up. if not, then most likely monitor. not sure if there is an easier/better way, but thats how i would test it.

yeah tomorrow we are going to bring it to my house and test it here. Thought I would just see if anybody else has a different idea. Thanks for input!