Advice on 4080 super

Budget (including currency): Not an issue

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA Games, software developing 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): i7 14700k, 1440p/4k

Hi,

Kinda new to the forum but I am looking for some advice on a 4080 super. The country I live in (Netherlands) Has a couple of options regarding 4080 super cards. I was looking into getting the asus x noctua card which is currently 1339 euro or other options that I currently have are the msi suprim x, asus tuf or the asus pro art. My question being is the asus noctua worth the extra 150-200 euro or which other card would you guys recommend?

It doesn't matter which model you really go for, the only difference is price, manufacturer and maybe bit of clock speed.

Noctua model can be worth, but it depends if you need the fans to be really quiet. For example ASUS Noctua GPU won't really help that much with noise if your PC is already loud.

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

38 minutes ago, Mrjuker said:

Budget (including currency): Not an issue

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA Games, software developing 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): i7 14700k, 1440p/4k

Hi,

Kinda new to the forum but I am looking for some advice on a 4080 super. The country I live in (Netherlands) Has a couple of options regarding 4080 super cards. I was looking into getting the asus x noctua card which is currently 1339 euro or other options that I currently have are the msi suprim x, asus tuf or the asus pro art. My question being is the asus noctua worth the extra 150-200 euro or which other card would you guys recommend?

Performance wise they're all pretty equivalent, so get the cheapest one, or the Noctua one  if you really want the less noise possible - sure it's a bit expensive at +200 but well, if you can afford it 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Get the cheapest one really. Perf wise they are identical. The noctua's feature is to be quaranteed quiet at all times but the 4080s already has such a stupid big cooler by everyone that they are very silent regardless or can be may silent with 2m of just tuning the fan curve

Got a few ways to go about it: Just get the cheapest one, pick the one you think looks the best, if you care about syncing RGB pick the one that matches your motherboard vendor, or get the Noctua one if you want it to be quiet. As others have said they all perform about the same and the Noctua one won't make much of a difference if your pc is already loud. 

When buying GPUs, I usually just go for the cheapest 3-fan model available. The Asus X Noctua model is an exception because it only uses 2 fans and still has the best low-noise GPU air cooling on the market, but other 2-fan coolers are usually much worse than the 3-fan models. It's up to you to decide if noise is such an important factor that you're willing to pay the premium.

The performance difference between the most and least expensive models is negligible. You're mostly paying for RGB, maybe 1 or 2 more display connectors, a BIOS switch, and completely overkill cooling / power delivery on higher end models. Basically nothing that will affect your gaming experience.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Thank you guys for the responses!

i will probably get the pro art edition because it’s the cheapest one currently.

57 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

When buying GPUs, I usually just go for the cheapest 3-fan model available. The Asus X Noctua model is an exception because it only uses 2 fans and still has the best low-noise GPU air cooling on the market, but other 2-fan coolers are usually much worse than the 3-fan models. It's up to you to decide if noise is such an important factor that you're willing to pay the premium.

The performance difference between the most and least expensive models is negligible. You're mostly paying for RGB, maybe 1 or 2 more display connectors, a BIOS switch, and completely overkill cooling / power delivery on higher end models. Basically nothing that will affect your gaming experience.

True for 4070 and below, but all 4080 are 3fans afaik (except the Noctua but those are 2x120mm)

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

True for 4070 and below, but all 4080 are 3fans afaik (except the Noctua but those are 2x120mm)

The FE editions and the MSI expert editions are 2 fan i think?

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

2 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

The FE editions and the MSI expert editions are 2 fan i think?

Indeed forgot the weird FE design, and the MSI "FE clone" 🙂