GPU artifacting - tips on how to pin this issue down and fix it?

Hey gang,

I believe my GPU (RTX 3080 10GB) is on the fritz as I'm getting weird artifacts on screen occasionally. My PC also blue screened once when trying to launch Destiny 2 (unfortunately I did not catch the code), and then earlier the game just straight up crashed with an error saying that it couldn't detect my GPU. Here's a picture of what comes on screen.

9757e26a3f2b13ddb351215487816f8c.jpg

I was able to capture the artifacts in this screenshot, but when trying again other times they wouldn't show up. Does anyone have advice on how I can figure out what's causing the issue and fix it? My GPU is not overheating, and I'm updating to the latest NVIDIA drivers now. I restarted my PC after this happened, and so far nothing has shown up, but I'm sure it will again. 

3 minutes ago, Thunderkit said:

Hey gang,

I believe my GPU is on the fritz as I'm getting weird artifacts on screen occasionally. My PC also blue screened once when trying to launch Destiny 2 (unfortunately I did not catch the code), and then earlier the game just straight up crashed with an error saying that it couldn't detect my GPU. Here's a picture of what comes on screen.

9757e26a3f2b13ddb351215487816f8c.jpg

I was able to capture the artifacts in this screenshot, but when trying again other times they wouldn't show up. Does anyone have advice on how I can figure out what's causing the issue and fix it? My GPU is not overheating, and I'm updating to the latest NVIDIA drivers now. I restarted my PC after this happened, and so far nothing has shown up, but I'm sure it will again. 

That doesn't look good at all.

Have you tried undervolting the GPU?

What is your GPU ?

4 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

That doesn't look good at all.

Have you tried undervolting the GPU?

What is your GPU ?

3080 10GB, sorry should've included that in the original post. Have not tried undervolting or anything like that - I messed with overclocking like a year ago just for fun but I put it back to stock settings.

19 minutes ago, Thunderkit said:

3080 10GB, sorry should've included that in the original post. Have not tried undervolting or anything like that - I messed with overclocking like a year ago just for fun but I put it back to stock settings.

Its definitely sign that something is wrong and most often its something that is not fixable by software.

Try undervolting and check if that does anything.

it COULD be RAM as well, most GPU artifacting is not black but pink/green.

But I am guessing on a GPU issue here.

looks like memory, but can be bad contact on pads..  undervolting can work.. no guarantee. 

altho.. i've heard some solved it with DDU and install latest drivers too...  🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Its definitely sign that something is wrong and most often its something that is not fixable by software.

Try undervolting and check if that does anything.

it COULD be RAM as well, most GPU artifacting is not black but pink/green.

But I am guessing on a GPU issue here.

2 minutes ago, Robchil said:

looks like memory, but can be bad contact on pads..  undervolting can work.. no guarantee. 

altho.. i've heard some solved it with DDU and install latest drivers too...  🤷‍♂️

Installed the latest driver update, if the issue shows up again I'll do a DDU and then undervolt. Any tips on what I should do if it the issue persists even after undervolting? Or am I just screwed lol

4 minutes ago, Thunderkit said:

Installed the latest driver update, if the issue shows up again I'll do a DDU and then undervolt. Any tips on what I should do if it the issue persists even after undervolting? Or am I just screwed lol

update bios... 

well.. most likely if it's still an issue one or more of the memory chips has an issue..  you could search up northwestrepair .. he's fixing gpu's in the states.. and it's a krisfixgermany in germany.. search up their youtube channels and it should tell how to contact them.