Laptop randomly shutting down

I have an MSI GE76 Raider with an RTX 3060.  Recently, it has started spontaneously shutting down hard, straight to a black screen.  From my experience, this is usually caused by overheating, but I had HWiNFO logging for a crash and none of the tracked temperatures appear to be high enough to trigger a shutdown.

Is there a good way to find out what is causing my computer to shut down so I know what to fix?

Check the Windows crash logs and see if they say anything

My Build (5800X3D, RTX 3070)

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can

1 minute ago, weeblord said:

Check the Windows crash logs and see if they say anything

Is this the same as the Event Viewer?  It says code 6008 with no obvious details.

2 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

Is this the same as the Event Viewer?  It says code 6008 with no obvious details.

Code 6008 means that Windows only recorded a forced shutdown, for an unknown reason. If you're pretty confident that it's not a hardware issue (could be with memory or storage too, as some other forum posts mention) my only suggestions are to update your drivers or try performing a Clean Boot. This person seems to have your same issue and there are some things to try there too.

My Build (5800X3D, RTX 3070)

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can

1 hour ago, weeblord said:

Code 6008 means that Windows only recorded a forced shutdown, for an unknown reason. If you're pretty confident that it's not a hardware issue (could be with memory or storage too, as some other forum posts mention) my only suggestions are to update your drivers or try performing a Clean Boot. This person seems to have your same issue and there are some things to try there too.

I will give it a try.  I think this could easily be a hardware issue or a heat issue, but how can I fix a problem if I don't know where it is.

I opened up my computer after it randomly shut down when just having a web browser open and picking it up.  I found that the OS SSD screw was loose and the battery cable may have been routed incorrectly, but other than that, I found nothing obviously wrong (as a layperson). 

The battery occasionally disconnecting could easily cause this kind of problem in my mind.  If this is the cause, I think this might not be the cause because the battery connector did not appear to be loose, but I rerouted the cable anyway.

I don't think the OS drive disconnecting would cause this kind of problem, as I think that would just lead to the computer freezing, but if anyone thinks that could be the cause, maybe it's fixed.

The last thing I saw that was weird was the wifi antenna cables just seemed to be floating around and aren't secure.  I didn't see an obvious way to route it, so I just left it there.  I don't think this would cause this problem as they are not conductive, but if anyone thinks this could cause it, I could try to secure it.

EDIT:  Nope, it still crashes.

It still crashes with minimal services.  I booted it in Ubuntu and ran some things on it and it crashed as well, so I doubt it's a Windows problem.  I would love to find a way to determine why it is shutting down.