Enough cooling for Ryzen 7 5800x?

Is a 220W tdp single stack air cooler ( Endorfy fera 5 or Endorfy fortis 5) enough to cool a Ryzen 7 5800x? Or would i need an AIO or dual stack air cooler?

8 minutes ago, Just_Chillin said:

Is a 220W tdp single stack air cooler ( Endorfy fera 5 or Endorfy fortis 5) enough to cool a Ryzen 7 5800x? Or would i need an AIO or dual stack air cooler?

Whats the cost of this single tower heatsink and where are you situated in the world?

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

20 minutes ago, Just_Chillin said:

The Fortis 5 will work.

19 minutes ago, Just_Chillin said:

225W is aplenty, a 5800x can't go past 140W, and the cooler seems decent, but only buy it sub $25, above that you can get  better dual tower coolers like the TR PA120

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

23 minutes ago, Just_Chillin said:

Is a 220W tdp single stack air cooler ( Endorfy fera 5 or Endorfy fortis 5) enough to cool a Ryzen 5800x? Or would i need an AIO or dual stack air cooler?

out of those 2 id take the fortis obviously cause its beefier

though the freezer 36 and peerless assassin/phantom spirit 120 are usually pretty cheap so if those are cheaper or around the same price as the fortis/fera then prefer them instead

also dont buy new am4 due to overpriced mobos and cpus, 12600k(f) + ddr4 if you are on a budget which will obliterate that outdated and overpriced 5800x

if you really want am4 for whatever reason go for a used board atleast since used midranger b3/450 like the tomahawk or equivalent are around 50$ though you may be able to find a used 5800x3d for a decent price otherwise go for a 5700x3d, x3d will crush the 12600kf and go toe to toe with much newer cpus like the 14700k or even the 14900k

37 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Whats the cost of this single tower heatsink and where are you situated in the world?

~40 usd, poland

20 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

out of those 2 id take the fortis obviously cause its beefier

though the freezer 36 and peerless assassin/phantom spirit 120 are usually pretty cheap so if those are cheaper or around the same price as the fortis/fera then prefer them instead

also dont buy new am4 due to overpriced mobos and cpus, 12600k(f) + ddr4 if you are on a budget which will obliterate that outdated and overpriced 5800x

if you really want am4 for whatever reason go for a used board atleast since used midranger b3/450 like the tomahawk or equivalent are around 50$ though you may be able to find a used 5800x3d for a decent price otherwise go for a 5700x3d, x3d will crush the 12600kf and go toe to toe with much newer cpus like the 14700k or even the 14900k

I got a good deal on the r7 5800x. For about 80usd

18 minutes ago, Just_Chillin said:

~40 usd, poland

The phantom spirit by thermalright retails for around 40usd also if you can get that or one of its derivatives and is top of its class for cooling

https://eu.computerorbit.com/collections/thermalright-phantom-spirit-120/products/thermalright-phantom-spirit-120-se-dual-tower-air-cooler?shpxid=0d54b8a9-c358-4003-892c-6c8c345d3805

187zl for this one

System specs:

52 minutes ago, Just_Chillin said:

I got a good deal on the r7 5800x. For about 80usd

welp ignore what i just said except getting a used mobo since 80$ is what id expect to pay for a used 5600(x)

what mobo are you planning on picking and what price? anything <100$ thats decent prefferably around the 50$ mark

46 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

The phantom spirit by thermalright retails for around 40usd also if you can get that or one of its derivatives and is top of its class for cooling

https://eu.computerorbit.com/collections/thermalright-phantom-spirit-120/products/thermalright-phantom-spirit-120-se-dual-tower-air-cooler?shpxid=0d54b8a9-c358-4003-892c-6c8c345d3805

187zl for this one

^^^

get the phantom spirit as itll be much better than the fera and fortis, on par with a d15 for a fraction of the price and its an upgraded version of the peerless assassin 120

only thing that beats it is the frozn a720 but thats usually double the price if its even available at all

theres also the phantom spirit evo which is a newer version with better fans thatll run abit quieter and better aesthetics wise though i wouldnt pay too much extra for it

9 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

welp ignore what i just said except getting a used mobo since 80$ is what id expect to pay for a used 5600(x)

what mobo are you planning on picking and what price? anything <100$ thats decent prefferably around the 50$ mark

^^^

get the phantom spirit as itll be much better than the fera and fortis, on par with a d15 for a fraction of the price and its an upgraded version of the peerless assassin 120

only thing that beats it is the frozn a720 but thats usually double the price if its even available at all

theres also the phantom spirit evo which is a newer version with better fans thatll run abit quieter and better aesthetics wise though i wouldnt pay too much extra for it

@Just_Chillin The EVO is 224zl, up to you on the money spending front

187zl = $47.36

224zl = $56.73

for comparison

System specs:

3 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

^^^

The literal cheapest mobo i can get (b550) is ~90$ b450 isnt much cheaper if at all

2 minutes ago, Just_Chillin said:

The literal cheapest mobo i can get (b550) is ~90$ b450 isnt much cheaper if at all

used mobos? usually these will be pretty cheap

and what cheap mobos can you get new? cause new cheap boards are usually pretty shit compared to used midrangers

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

used mobos? usually these will be pretty cheap

and what cheap mobos can you get new? cause new cheap boards are usually pretty shit compared to used midrangers

The two cheapest b550 mobos i can get rn are the asus prime b550m-a/csm and the gigabyte b550m ds3h.

ill look for some used ones but its hard to find ones that are cheaper than new and i feel like its risky buying used compared to a cpu or gpu.

Edited by Just_Chillin

46 minutes ago, Just_Chillin said:

The two cheapest b550 mobos i can get rn are the asus prime b550m-a/csm and the gigabyte b550m ds3h.

what site(s) are you buying from? send a link and ill look for boards

b550m ds3h is a pretty ok board

46 minutes ago, Just_Chillin said:

ill look for some used ones but its hard to find ones that are cheaper than new and i feel like its risky buying used compared to a cpu or gpu.

if its not noticably cheaper and better than a lowend b550 like that ds3h new would be a better option, and damn someone which actually understands that the mobo is a very error prone part compared to the rest of the system, hence why i dont reccomend used unless significantly cheaper and/or better, ive seen this shit for myself with the 40-50 broken boards ive ordered to attempt to fix with weird issues popping up, though these are broken boards and the ones that i didnt order as broken boards are completely fine even to this day

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

what site(s) are you buying from? send a link and ill look for boards

b550m ds3h is a pretty ok board

if its not noticably cheaper and better than a lowend b550 like that ds3h new would be a better option, and damn someone which actually understands that the mobo is a very error prone part compared to the rest of the system, hence why i dont reccomend used unless significantly cheaper and/or better, ive seen this shit for myself with the 40-50 broken boards ive ordered to attempt to fix with weird issues popping up, though these are broken boards and the ones that i didnt order as broken boards are completely fine even to this day

https://www.morele.net/ polish website as im not american so you might see some issues. 

Ive looked a bit and there are some higher end boards that are the same or similar price to the new ones but nothing cheaper and also almost no lower end ones aswell.

Also, do you maybe have discord so we could communicate more easily?

Edited by Just_Chillin