Who is going to see the solar eclipse?

ThePCNerd129

The eclipse is on Monday!! Who is going to see totality?

System Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 8-Core Processor

Memory: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4

SSD: WD_BLACK SN770 1TB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12G oc

Motherboard: Asus Prime B-450 A2

Case: MuseTex k2 Mid Tower

Monitor 1: Samsung SyncMaster S27D360

Monitor 2: Samsung Syncmaster S27B350

Keyboard: Razer Onata

Mouse: Razer Viper

I'm working that day. I ain't seeing the sun from 6am to 6pm. 

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/list.html

Here's the list of the next few eclipses if you miss out or if you don't live in the red path. Always possible to travel in the next few years to any of the locations where there will be an eclipse.

ggg.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I'm in Ohio, I'm planning on driving about an hour North West to a friends house to hang out.  I should get about 3.5 minutes of totality.  Already started practicing photographing the sun for the last few weekends when I had time so I can try and get my camera settings figured out.  Here's a shot I took the other day of the sun at about 1pm.  I'm just hopeful that we can get a sunny day for it and they we aren't covered in clouds for the event.

IMG_9490[1].JPG

I live just a few miles from the path of totality, but the weather here looks like it will be raining and completely overcast. There's a possibility that a hundred-ish miles away an area in the path will be clear, but won't know until closer to the day.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

I don't see what all excitement is about. It's not like it's a once in a lifetime event.

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

8 hours ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

I don't see what all excitement is about. It's not like it's a once in a lifetime event.

It is unless you want to travel the world chasing them. 😋  The next one in my part of the country won't happen till after I'm dead.  I'm 47 and this will be my first time to see a total solar eclipse.  I got to see the partial that was in ohio maybe 10 years ago but I was at the racetrack with the motorcycle when it happened so I didn't get to see much of it.

I’m heading to Ohio to try and see it. I went to Nashville for the eclipse a few years back, but a cloud came in and blocked it. Hopefully I have better luck this time. It’s a buck list item for me. I don’t want to go travel the world just to see an eclipse, but if I miss it on Monday, I will. 

The pictures don’t look real me to, so I want to see what totality looks like with my own eyes.

My in laws live in the path, so my wife and son went to see it.  My Dad has dementia, so I took Monday off to take care of him.

so correct me if im wrong but they said the e clips lasted about 2 minutes on 2017 and now its lasting 4 minutes dose that mean the earth is moving slower? is it it just the e clips path in a different location? over less land?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

so correct me if im wrong but they said the e clips lasted about 2 minutes on 2017 and now its lasting 4 minutes dose that mean the earth is moving slower? is it it just the e clips path in a different location? over less land?

There’s a couple reasons - biggest one is that the distance from the moon to the earth, and the earth to the sun, are actually always changing, and the closer the moon is, the longer the period of totality. It also depends on where you are on the globe - the moon is only going to sit in front of the sun for a certain amount of time, so the closer that time lines up with where it passes over your area, the longer it’s going to appear. 

Very boring at work.  Was in the path of totality but super cloudy.  So just cloudy and dark 😐
House time-lapse also in path of totality...yawn.gif.96503b4a131436e8328cbe22479daf4f.gif

But I'm just talking out my ass.

I drove 6 hours to Rochester, NY to get to it. Forecast said cloudy and I was about to cancel the trip and go to bed. 

Then I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to go anyway. 

It was 100% worth it, although I didn't get to experience it the way I wanted to. I got trapped on the highway as it was happening. Wish I pulled over sooner and got to experience it outside instead of inside a vehicle.

Despite the clouds and being on the road, watching the sky suddenly turn to night was amazing.

It happens all at once. I learned that a partial eclipse just doesn't cut it. The sun has to be completely obscured in order for the sky to get dark.

Edit: The sky was MUCH darker than the camera captured. It 100% looked like nighttime for 2-3 minutes.

I want to do this again and again.

IMG_20240408_152010944.jpg

IMG_20240408_152247823.jpg

Even though I was working, my co-workers decided they wanted to go outside to see it... I followed because I wasn't about to be the only one who would be working like a dumbass when even my boss went out to see it. We were on the very edge of the totality path. Got to see it for about 30s from the moment the sun got hidden completely to when it restarted showing up again.

The halo of rainbow all around the sun as it was slowly getting covered up was a nice touch from the devs.

Maybe in the future I'll make some travel plans to go somewhere straight in the middle of the totality.

We will be getting a total Lunar eclipse next year (bloodmoon). 

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2025-march-14

Blacktown, NSW, Australia will be straight in the middle of it in 2028

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/australia/blacktown?iso=20280722

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 4/5/2024 at 8:01 PM, vf1000ride said:

It is unless you want to travel the world chasing them. 😋  The next one in my part of the country won't happen till after I'm dead.  I'm 47 and this will be my first time to see a total solar eclipse.  I got to see the partial that was in ohio maybe 10 years ago but I was at the racetrack with the motorcycle when it happened so I didn't get to see much of it.

Agent, what the hell are you doing, you are NOT supposed to reveal your identity like this!   /s

-----CYBER STALKER ALERT-----

According to Wikipedia the last one that you can see in Ohio was on Monday 21st Aug, 2017. If that is the correct date, I was wondering what race or race related even would happened on Monday.. Until I found this post from "Ohio Motorsports Group" deciding they will run a track day even on that day, and this video of a track day recording of one of the riders from that track day. Was that the event you were in during that eclipse?, Agent 47?

4 hours ago, bluessorrow said:

Agent, what the hell are you doing, you are NOT supposed to reveal your identity like this!   /s

-----CYBER STALKER ALERT-----

According to Wikipedia the last one that you can see in Ohio was on Monday 21st Aug, 2017. If that is the correct date, I was wondering what race or race related even would happened on Monday.. Until I found this post from "Ohio Motorsports Group" deciding they will run a track day even on that day, and this video of a track day recording of one of the riders from that track day. Was that the event you were in during that eclipse?, Agent 47?

So you found a track day in Ohio and being I said I went to it during an eclipse you looked it up to see if I would be impressed?  If you have any pictures of me at the track that would be cool and would be more impressive.  I never caught up with any of the track photogs and getting a few photo's of me going slow would be appreciated.  🤪

Can't say I know who did the video, they are certainly faster than I am.

Couple more eclipse photos from this week.

IMG_9598.JPG

IMG_9525.JPG

IMG_9592.JPG

Living in seattle, can't see it but one of my co worker work from home right on the path and he took a few hours break to see. 

If you live in the BCE, you could claim yourself to be a divine prophet descended from the gods by predicting this. Lol

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 hour ago, vf1000ride said:

So you found a track day in Ohio and being I said I went to it during an eclipse you looked it up to see if I would be impressed?  If you have any pictures of me at the track that would be cool and would be more impressive.  I never caught up with any of the track photogs and getting a few photo's of me going slow would be appreciated.  🤪

IMG_9598.JPG

IMG_9525.JPG

IMG_9592.JPG

Those are sick photos.

And about that track days, that's pretty much it mate hahaha! Oh I still haven't got a bike or a license as of today, let alone a track day. Would killed to be joining a track day one day though, thats so cool!

3 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

IMG_9598.JPG

IMG_9525.JPG

IMG_9592.JPG

awesome photos

System Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 8-Core Processor

Memory: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4

SSD: WD_BLACK SN770 1TB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12G oc

Motherboard: Asus Prime B-450 A2

Case: MuseTex k2 Mid Tower

Monitor 1: Samsung SyncMaster S27D360