Suggest me a ssd!

CPU - Amd ryzen 5 2600x six-core, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660, B450M - HDV R4.0, ram evo spear 8gb. I want to add a ssd and a 8gb ram. suggest me good ssd.

25 minutes ago, Nazmul2516 said:

CPU - Amd ryzen 5 2600x six-core, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660, B450M - HDV R4.0, ram evo spear 8gb. I want to add a ssd and a 8gb ram. suggest me good ssd.

do you have NVMe compatibility?

EDIT: You do, gen 3, how big of an SSD do you want? And/or do you just want the biggest SSD for a budget, if so whats your budget?

Also for RAM, if youre adding 8gb onto the already existing 1x8gb stick, get the exact stick of ram you currently have if possible

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

21 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

do you have NVMe compatibility?

EDIT: You do, gen 3, how big of an SSD do you want? And/or do you just want the biggest SSD for a budget, if so whats your budget?

Also for RAM, if youre adding 8gb onto the already existing 1x8gb stick, get the exact stick of ram you currently have if possible

There is an Ultra M.2 slot, and my budget is around $50. Since the prices of computer parts are higher than the actual price in my country, you can consider it to be $40. Also, I don't know much about computer parts. I just want to update my PC. Thank you for your help.

4 minutes ago, Nazmul2516 said:

There is an Ultra M.2 slot, and my budget is around $50. Since the prices of computer parts are higher than the actual price in my country, you can consider it to be $40. Also, I don't know much about computer parts. I just want to update my PC. Thank you for your help.

Teamgroup MP33 ($39usd for 1800/1500 R/W) or Teamgroup MP33 PRO ($41usd for 2400/2100 R/W) should be good options then, both 512GB

Whats the pricing for these in your area?

System specs:

3 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Teamgroup MP33 ($39usd for 1800/1500 R/W) or Teamgroup MP33 PRO ($41usd for 2400/2100 R/W) should be good options then, both 512GB

Whats the pricing for these in your area?

Teamgroup MP33 512gb- 52$, Teamgroup MP33 PRO 512gb - 55$. thanks for your help.
Do I need to change any configuration, or do I only need to set it up and it's done?

10 minutes ago, Nazmul2516 said:

Teamgroup MP33 512gb- 52$, Teamgroup MP33 PRO 512gb - 55$. thanks for your help.
Do I need to change any configuration, or do I only need to set it up and it's done?

Should be just plug and play, might need to configure a partition but if you do thats handy enough, any issues, ping another message in here and ill get a notification

System specs:

1 hour ago, Nazmul2516 said:

what country?

what sites ard you buying from?

send thaiphoon burner screenshot to identify ic and buy a matching oem stick or resell to get a proper 2x8 kit depending on ic cause buying another xmp stick will just get you a completely different random ic most of the time

id look for a dram gen3 drive like the mushkin tempest, silicon power a80, etc. since they usually dont cost that much more than a dramless drive and are usually faster, i think they also last longer but we are talking in the 10+ year range here so probably doesnt matter

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

what country?

what sites ard you buying from?

send thaiphoon burner screenshot to identify ic and buy a matching oem stick or resell to get a proper 2x8 kit depending on ic cause buying another xmp stick will just get you a completely different random ic most of the time

id look for a dram gen3 drive like the mushkin tempest, silicon power a80, etc. since they usually dont cost that much more than a dramless drive and are usually faster, i think they also last longer but we are talking in the 10+ year range here so probably doesnt matter

I guess because of the high tax the components r so pricy. all of the sites in my country have the same price. there is difference. but not more than 1$
also is a Ram of 1067Mhz a ddr3 ram?

3 hours ago, TatamiMatt said:

Should be just plug and play, might need to configure a partition but if you do thats handy enough, any issues, ping another message in here and ill get a notification

Another problem.. in the task manager, it's showing 1067Mhz speed. Is my ram a ddr3 ram? 

4 minutes ago, Nazmul2516 said:

Another problem.. in the task manager, it's showing 1067Mhz speed. Is my ram a ddr3 ram? 

If you download HWinfo and send us a pic of the spec sheet, we should be able to give you info on almost all parts of your PC and see if we can make any minor improvements that might help your performance

System specs:

24 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

If you download HWinfo and send us a pic of the spec sheet, we should be able to give you info on almost all parts of your PC and see if we can make any minor improvements that might help your performance

Screenshot (852).png

6 minutes ago, Nazmul2516 said:

Screenshot (852).png

So youre running at 1067MHz or 2133MT/s whereas you can run at 1333MHz to be at your 2666. If you change the XMP profile over to the 2666 one in BIOs it should start running at that speed. Timings are a little on the slow side but not too bad, everything else seems to be in order

System specs:

5 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

So youre running at 1067MHz or 2133MT/s whereas you can run at 1333MHz to be at your 2666. If you change the XMP profile over to the 2666 one in BIOs it should start running at that speed. Timings are a little on the slow side but not too bad, everything else seems to be in order

should I make it 1333? if so then how? will there be any problem if I change it to 1333?

1 hour ago, Nazmul2516 said:

should I make it 1333? if so then how? will there be any problem if I change it to 1333?

no, shouldnt be any issues it should be an option in the RAM/RAM overclocking/XMP/D.O.C.P section of your BIOS

System specs:

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2024 at 9:48 PM, TatamiMatt said:

no, shouldnt be any issues it should be an option in the RAM/RAM overclocking/XMP/D.O.C.P section of your BIOS

Yeah, it killed my RAM 😂. I went to the shop where my PC was built to ask for warranty since my RAM had a product lifetime warranty. At first, they refused to honor the warranty, but after some arguing, they told me to wait. They ran a postmortem on my PC to find out the details and product codes. After that, they showed me the invoice, which had the wrong RAM name listed. Everything else seemed fine, but the RAM's product ID didn't match the invoice. I don't know why. I guess when I first built the PC, they used a different RAM instead of the one they should have used – same company, but it was a 2300 MHz instead of 2600 MHz. So there was nothing I could do but get another RAM and an SSD. Cost me around $70.

On 4/20/2024 at 1:50 PM, Nazmul2516 said:

Yeah, it killed my RAM 😂. I went to the shop where my PC was built to ask for warranty since my RAM had a product lifetime warranty. At first, they refused to honor the warranty, but after some arguing, they told me to wait. They ran a postmortem on my PC to find out the details and product codes. After that, they showed me the invoice, which had the wrong RAM name listed. Everything else seemed fine, but the RAM's product ID didn't match the invoice. I don't know why. I guess when I first built the PC, they used a different RAM instead of the one they should have used – same company, but it was a 2300 MHz instead of 2600 MHz. So there was nothing I could do but get another RAM and an SSD. Cost me around $70.

Oof yikes, sorry man, normally never an issue in that regard, if the RAM doesnt like the oveclock it just wont boot and youll have to clear the BIOS will be the worst thing to happen

System specs: