Xbox Series X switches off following power issue

I have developed an issue with my Series X where it sometimes just switches off. It’s not heat-related.

Background: So I live in South Africa, where we have what they call “loadshedding”, an everchanging schedule of intermittent power cuts typically lasting 2 hours to reduce the strain on our electricity supplier Eskom (which is struggling due to a cocktail of government corruption and ineptitude). Consequently, I shut down my console and switch off the power before our turn of loadshedding. When the power comes back on, I switch on the power again. All of my electronics are plugged into surge protectors (basically just an extra plug).

What happened: After one loadshedding session, I switched on the plug where my Xbox is connected and the surge protector made something like a small explosion inside and tripped all the power - I had to go switch it on at the DB board.

The issue: Since then my Xbox works fine for the most part, but every now and then it simply switches off. When I switch it back on, it’s like it was completely removed from any power, in that the clock reverts to the “4:22" it for whatever reason always defaults to on a cold bootup before syncing via the internet. I’ve kept a log, but there is no pattern in terms of time played. I’ve had sessions lasting 50 and 84 minutes before it switched off and I’ve had sessions of 2 hours, over 3 hours and one of 5 hours with no issue. Once it switches off, though, it tends to continue doing so every half hour or so. But if I plug it out and back in, it seems to break this cycle.

Complication: We don’t have official hardware support from Microsoft in South Africa, so I can’t send it in to be looked at.

Consoles are pretty expensive here (my Series X was just shy of three times what I paid for my 360 Elite in 2010, and the price has gone up since), so I would very much prefer to avoid replacing it (it’s less than 2 years old). Could it simply be that the power supply inside the console was damaged? Is it likely that the issue will be resolved if I replace the power supply?

Thank you. Any advice would be much appreciated.

It could be dirty power, would a UPS be in your budget?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Thank you for your reply, OddOod. I'll look into this.