Random vertical red line appeared on monitor screen all of a sudden?

Elvirxa

So I’m not sure what’s happened but in the middle of me playing a game a red horizontal line suddenly appeared on my screen, I have not touched the screen at all and nothing has hit it, so I’m not sure why this has suddenly appeared. This monitor ( MSI MAG 274UPF - 27 Inch UHD Esports Gaming Monitor - 3840 x 2160 IPS Panel, 144 Hz / 1ms ) is basically brand new, not even a month old yet. Does anyone know if there’s a way to fix this? I’ve made sure my graphics card drivers are updated like it said to do on google but it’s still not gone. It disappears when I poke the screen and then reappears after some time. I have a 3 year warranty on this monitor luckily so I am able to get it replaced but I’m wondering if this can be fixed?image.thumb.jpg.8562868ed48f52e92116177e693d0f6a.jpg

4 minutes ago, Elvirxa said:

So I’m not sure what’s happened but in the middle of me playing a game a red horizontal line suddenly appeared on my screen, I have not touched the screen at all and nothing has hit it, so I’m not sure why this has suddenly appeared. This monitor ( MSI MAG 274UPF - 27 Inch UHD Esports Gaming Monitor - 3840 x 2160 IPS Panel, 144 Hz / 1ms ) is basically brand new, not even a month old yet. Does anyone know if there’s a way to fix this? I’ve made sure my graphics card drivers are updated like it said to do on google but it’s still not gone. It disappears when I poke the screen and then reappears after some time. I have a 3 year warranty on this monitor luckily so I am able to get it replaced but I’m wondering if this can be fixed?

its most likely a lose ribbon cable inside the monitor.   If you don't want to open and poke around inside the monitor ( This could void warranty ) then you should RMA it and get a new one.

If you press the screen on top or at the bottom of the red line, does it go away?

Just now, Hinjima said:

its most likely a lose ribbon cable inside the monitor.   If you don't want to open and poke around inside the monitor ( This could void warranty ) then you should RMA it and get a new one.

If you press the screen on top or at the bottom of the red line, does it go away?

Yeah if I lightly press it the line disappears

1 minute ago, Elvirxa said:

Yeah if I lightly press it the line disappears

Then its most likely a hardware problem / lose ribbon cable inside the monitor. The only way to fix this would be to open the monitor.

Similar to this.

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

Then its a hardware problem / lose ribbon cable inside the monitor. The only way to fix this would be to open the monitor.

Similar to this.

Ah okay, doesn’t look too hard to fix but I might send it off for repair just in case. Thank you again 🙏 

22 minutes ago, Elvirxa said:

So I’m not sure what’s happened but in the middle of me playing a game a red horizontal line suddenly appeared on my screen, I have not touched the screen at all and nothing has hit it, so I’m not sure why this has suddenly appeared. This monitor ( MSI MAG 274UPF - 27 Inch UHD Esports Gaming Monitor - 3840 x 2160 IPS Panel, 144 Hz / 1ms ) is basically brand new, not even a month old yet. Does anyone know if there’s a way to fix this? I’ve made sure my graphics card drivers are updated like it said to do on google but it’s still not gone. It disappears when I poke the screen and then reappears after some time. I have a 3 year warranty on this monitor luckily so I am able to get it replaced but I’m wondering if this can be fixed?

Warranty it. That's why you have it. No point trying to pull out all the stops in trying to fix it yourself. You're most likely going to break something even more, giving MSI even more reason to deny your claim and permanently void your warranty.

It takes one slip-up to royally screw things up when it comes to repairing monitors. Which is why it's often not worth it, outside of the high cost of replacement panels. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, Elvirxa said:

Ah okay, doesn’t look too hard to fix but I might send it off for repair just in case. Thank you again 🙏 

No Problem!

Absolutely. Dont open it and do it yourself, do it through warranty and get it done properly 🙂

The video was just to show what the problem would likely be.

13 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Warranty it. That's why you have it. No point trying to pull out all the stops in trying to fix it yourself. You're most likely going to break something even more, giving MSI even more reason to deny your claim and permanently void your warranty.

It takes one slip-up to royally screw things up when it comes to repairing monitors. 

Yeah I’ve just emailed them so hopefully I can get it fixed soon 🙏