Looking for AM5 advice please help

Budget: 300$ for CPU (haven't gotten to the motherboard or ram topic yet)

Games that it will be used for: Any and all current and future game releases (all at 1440p)

Current build:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x

MOTHERBOARD: MSI B550 A-Pro

RAM Corsair Vengeance 2x16 3600mhz

STORAGE 2x Samsung 980 pro 1tb

GPU RX 7800xt

PSU EVGA 750w Bronze

According to bottleneck calculator im at a 6% cpu bottleneck for gaming (1440p). 

My question is if i upgrade should i switch to AM5 instead of dumping more money into AM4? And what should i be going after? My current CPU choices are R7 7600x, 7700 and 7700x

I dont know anything about AM5 or cpus and after researching i havent found any solid answers.

Should i get a CPU that has more cores? or should i stick with 6 cores and just get something that offers more power. 

Any and all advice would help me out greatly, thank you

bottleneck calculators are fake, theres no real way to calulate a bottleneck, and if you want to upgrade to am5 you could, but i would recomend a ryzen 7 5800x3d, just upgraded to that from a 5500 and i can game at 4k quite well, and you can keep your ram and mobo

are you hitting like a real barrier in games? or just saw the "bottleneck calculator" that said you are limited? if the latter, they are garbage imo, and not to be taken into consideration. if your pc is doing what you need without issue, i don't honestly see a reason to upgrade it.

31 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

are you hitting like a real barrier in games? or just saw the "bottleneck calculator" that said you are limited? if the latter, they are garbage imo, and not to be taken into consideration. if your pc is doing what you need without issue, i don't honestly see a reason to upgrade it.

so my current games im playing are helldivers and space engineers. both are really high in CPU utilization 85% at minimum. Or on rocket league for example ill get (micro stutters) at 165 fps vsync on.  Alot of games never drop fps they just lock up randomly and ive put the blame on my cpu for always being at 85% util 

You're paying 500$ for MB RAM and CPU, you could just get the 300$ CPU and be good, maybe a better cooler if you don't have one that's like 35$

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

38 minutes ago, BentleyOwen123 said:

bottleneck calculators are fake, theres no real way to calulate a bottleneck, and if you want to upgrade to am5 you could, but i would recomend a ryzen 7 5800x3d, just upgraded to that from a 5500 and i can game at 4k quite well, and you can keep your ram and mobo

Yea the calculators seem to basic to really solve any specific issues. Most of the reasoning ive done has been from monitoring my performance as i play. and seeing what has been stressed. and as of late its always been the cpu 9/10 times

1 minute ago, Mesarasi said:

Yea the calculators seem to basic to really solve any specific issues. Most of the reasoning ive done has been from monitoring my performance as i play. and seeing what has been stressed. and as of late its always been the cpu 9/10 times

do you have it on PBO and not overheating?

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

PCs I used before:

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

25 minutes ago, podkall said:

do you have it on PBO and not overheating?

I dont know what PBO is. everything is on default for the cpu

4 minutes ago, Mesarasi said:

I dont know what PBO is. everything is on default for the cpu

try PBO, also when's the last time you updated Chipset drivers?

PC:

PCs I used before:

5 minutes ago, podkall said:

try PBO, also when's the last time you updated Chipset drivers?

its probably been 6 months since ive even looked at drivers to be fair. and ill look into PBO any overclocking kinda worried me as im still new to the tech side of parts and what they can actually do (safely)

5 minutes ago, Mesarasi said:

its probably been 6 months since ive even looked at drivers to be fair. and ill look into PBO any overclocking kinda worried me as im still new to the tech side of parts and what they can actually do (safely)

PBO is safe if you just let it do it's automatic OC most of the time, also how's your CPU cooler?

PC:

PCs I used before:

OK OP!!  There can be several factors for the microing. 

I cann't say anything about helldrivers as for space enginner you should limit the GPU like 60 max. 

You may want to move your Swap file it own drive!!  Mine is on a HHD that Formated 8k sectors to window it looks like a SSD!!    

Could be a Heat issue!! <--  Looking at your posted your Running fast and big!!  Not always good thing!!

All the game you said micro stutter are MP games not one single player.  Most likely the net.

Try like 1920x1080 You have good hardware!!  I run my all my AM system with Preicnois Boost off 1800x 3800x 5800x 7700x

Remember more pixels you push more the CPU has to work.  Try backing off to 120mhz if your trying keep it fast. 

Also I hope you Put in a brace for your gpu to support the end of it!!  GPU Stag Could break your GPU!!

7700x no Boost!! Keeps my power Bill in check and Heat low!! Air cooled

32 gig

7900xt 20 gig  Most of my games are set play 60 mhz 1920x1080 <-- Heavy as hell Got it Buttend SUPPORTED. <Look at Monster 4090 weight problems "crack tabs"

1440p  montior it like 160+fps Setup at 1920x1080 <-- Yea I know alot power to spare!!  My computer also really quiet!!

OS on NMVD, SWAP FILE on a HHD, Games are on SSD's and HHD's <mostly on HHDs  This drive Config as limited transfer problems!!

just play with your overclocks everywhere till it is stable at a min of 100 fps. and screw the rest !!! unless editing videos !!! no way that should be outdate yet !!!

1 hour ago, Mesarasi said:

so my current games im playing are helldivers and space engineers. both are really high in CPU utilization 85% at minimum. Or on rocket league for example ill get (micro stutters) at 165 fps vsync on.  Alot of games never drop fps they just lock up randomly and ive put the blame on my cpu for always being at 85% util 

i would say dont ever use vsync in rocket league, in my 2000 hours and across multiple consoles and pcs, vsync causes studders cause of the game not your hardware