Bios update and Q-Fan issues

My motherboard is Strix X570-E with an old bios version 1201  x64. The Q-Fan is suddenly stuck on high speed and BIOS Q-Fan does not respond. Tried Fan Control software and that does not work. The noise is driving me mad! 

Also, tried to update the BIOS from within BIOS (using Internet option). It only gives me an option to update to BIOS version 3001 (Current X570-E version on Asus site is 5001). I have not yet updated. Could this be the most I can update to?

Lastly, not having tried BIOS update, if things go wrong, can I use the BIOS port at the c=back of PC to change to a lower version?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Your board does indeed have a bios flashback port and button (or at least the manual says it does), if you have another pc you can use to make a USB with the bios on, I'd do that instead of the internet option, if it says that bios is for your board and revision (if the latter applies) then it should work - otherwise just flashback.

You may prefer to do your fans in the bios, I'd recommend something like FanControl honestly, just makes things easier and if you ever need to clear your CMOS you don't need to redo everything. Otherwise, make sure that your fans are set to the right type (e.g. PWM vs DC) and plugged in to the right headers for PWM control.

finally escaped fm2+

12 hours ago, lgcas said:

Your board does indeed have a bios flashback port and button (or at least the manual says it does), if you have another pc you can use to make a USB with the bios on, I'd do that instead of the internet option, if it says that bios is for your board and revision (if the latter applies) then it should work - otherwise just flashback.

You may prefer to do your fans in the bios, I'd recommend something like FanControl honestly, just makes things easier and if you ever need to clear your CMOS you don't need to redo everything. Otherwise, make sure that your fans are set to the right type (e.g. PWM vs DC) and plugged in to the right headers for PWM control.

Thanks. The PC has been working fine for a few years and have tried FanControl without any success. Will try to update the Bios as you suggest.