Help needed for Home Server. Newbie.

Budget (including currency): GBP 500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Home Nas. 
plex server. 
remote access pc for my iPad. 

Guys. Need some suggestions for a pc that I want to use as a home server. It’s been over 15 years since I’ve built a PC so no idea what makes sense these days.

Looking to have a simple raid in windows 10/11. Just a duplicate. Thinking 4tb usable is enough but would like to expand later so a mobo / case with lots of hard drive slots would be helpful! We currently have about 7 portable hard drives so need a proper solution. If we go over budget to get the target capacity, that’s ok (just have to convince the Mrs) 

We have a few macs that will Time Machine back up to it so also want to make sure networking is fast. We have a nighthawk r7000 and will Ethernet directly. Macs will be over WiFi 5ghz

Thought about a nas box but also want to have jump desktop on it so I can remote in via my iPad. Helps to have access to a pc when on the move w iPad only. 

Also any suggestions for backing up the whole nas to the cloud (but in a cost effective way) would be helpful. Looking at something like backblaze which is apparently unlimited. 

Any advice here?

go for maybe a i3 10100, and if your using true nas, 64gb of 3200mhz ram, and just pick whatever motherboard has the io you need