Should I overclock my system?

Hey guys, I am looking for advice on whether I should overlock my system (CPU & GPU) for extra performance.

I have attached screenshots of my PC specs and the running temperatures of both my CPU & GPU (HWINFO) while playing Battlefield 2042 on
Ultra Settings at 1440p.

I personally feel the temperatures are very low. Is this normal or is my cooler just a beast (Air Cooler)?

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Screenshot 1: PC Specs (Yes, I will be upgrading my RAM soon).
Screenshot 2: CPU Temps
Screenshot 3: GPU Temps

PC Specs.png

CPU TEMP - BF 2042.png

GPU TEMP - BF 2042.png

11 minutes ago, Ram Satesh said:

Hey guys, I am looking for advice on whether I should overlock my system (CPU & GPU) for extra performance.

I have attached screenshots of my PC specs and the running temperatures of both my CPU & GPU (HWINFO) while playing Battlefield 2042 on
Ultra Settings at 1440p.

I personally feel the temperatures are very low. Is this normal or is my cooler just a beast (Air Cooler)?

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Screenshot 1: PC Specs (Yes, I will be upgrading my RAM soon).
Screenshot 2: CPU Temps
Screenshot 3: GPU Temps

You can try to use PBO and enable curve optimizer for overclocking.

I gained 300mhz on my 7700x while dropping temperatures 🙂

The 7500f is a very low wattage part so low temperatures are to be expected.

This is the best way to overclock AM5. We don't really tune core clock speed manually like on intel or older AMD CPU's.

38 minutes ago, Ram Satesh said:

I am looking for advice on whether I should overlock my system (CPU & GPU) for extra performance.

Do you need any extra performance? If yes, then maybe. Otherwise, no.

The 7500F doesn't really have any OC headroom that's worthwhile (an extra 5% at best, nothing noticeable), so other than a mild undervolt and raising the power limits I wouldn't really consider doing anything with that. The 7800XT has a bit of headroom (~10-15% if you're lucky), so if you want to focus your efforts on anything, do it on that. 

4 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Do you need any extra performance? If yes, then maybe. Otherwise, no.

The 7500F doesn't really have any OC headroom that's worthwhile (an extra 5% at best, nothing noticeable), so other than a mild undervolt and raising the power limits I wouldn't really consider doing anything with that. The 7800XT has a bit of headroom (~10-15% if you're lucky), so if you want to focus your efforts on anything, do it on that. 

Thank you for replying.

I'll do more research on this. The reason I am asking this is because my CPU is at 100% utilisation when I game at max settings.

There aren't many benchmarks that showcase the CPU usage, but I managed to find one with a similar build to mine (7500F + 7800XT). Though the person is not playing BF 2042, the game I saw that utilised the CPU the most was Cyberpunk and that was around 80%, the rest of the games were around 40 - 60%.
Video Source: https://youtu.be/o236DLI8bNM?si=LAIneJ1KjwVFPHP9&t=383 (Skip to 6:24)

So I am left confused?

34 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

You can try to use PBO and enable curve optimizer for overclocking.

I gained 300mhz on my 7700x while dropping temperatures 🙂

The 7500f is a very low wattage part so low temperatures are to be expected.

This is the best way to overclock AM5. We don't really tune core clock speed manually like on intel or older AMD CPU's.

Thank you.

I'll check this out. 

40 minutes ago, Ram Satesh said:

Thank you for replying.

I'll do more research on this. The reason I am asking this is because my CPU is at 100% utilisation when I game at max settings.

There aren't many benchmarks that showcase the CPU usage, but I managed to find one with a similar build to mind (7500F + 7800XT). Though the person is not playing BF 2042, the game I saw that utilised the CPU the most was Cyberpunk and that was around 80%, the rest of the games were around 40 - 60%.
Video Source: https://youtu.be/o236DLI8bNM?si=LAIneJ1KjwVFPHP9&t=383 (Skip to 6:24)

So I am left confused?

The main thing to know is that different games have different CPU usage behaviors. Some will max out a single core, resulting in what looks like 20% CPU usage but still classified as a CPU bottleneck, others will use about half of all cores, and some will max out as much CPU as you can throw at it. Because of that, you can't just look at what something like Cyberpunk will use in a similar system to determine what will happen in BF 2042. 

Quick googling it, BF2042 seems to be a game that will use as much CPU as physically possible, so it maxing out your chip is somewhat expected. 

6 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The main thing to know is that different games have different CPU usage behaviors. Some will max out a single core, resulting in what looks like 20% CPU usage but still classified as a CPU bottleneck, others will use about half of all cores, and some will max out as much CPU as you can throw at it. Because of that, you can't just look at what something like Cyberpunk will use in a similar system to determine what will happen in BF 2042. 

Quick googling it, BF2042 seems to be a game that will use as much CPU as physically possible, so it maxing out your chip is somewhat expected. 

You are absolutely right, I just googled this. Thank you for your clarification.