Did I accidentally pirate Windows 11?

Fat Cat11997
Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,
Just now, Fat Cat11997 said:

go to microsoft's website by searching up in google "Windows 11 donload," click on the first link, and then click on create media creation tool to format a flash drive to boot up windows on your computer

Then you're fine, you did it right. If you don't own a license associated with your Microsoft account already then you'll likely get the watermark after a day or two. Check your activation status. 

image.thumb.png.4b1c320c4a2d5e32417a1c4e8a3d636b.png

I just built my pc and installed Windows 11, but once I loaded it, there isn't a watermark in the bottom corner and all the personalization settings are there even though I didn't pay for a key, and instead I just made a bootable flash drive with the os on it but not the fully paid version on it. Why isn't there a promt saying activate windows?

3 minutes ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

I just made a bootable flash drive

How?

Typically you can use Windows unactivated for a month before the watermark appears.

Did you download it from Microsoft's site? 

Just now, TheLANguy said:

Typically you can use Windows unactivated for a month before the watermark appears.

yes

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

How?

go to microsoft's website by searching up in google "Windows 11 donload," click on the first link, and then click on create media creation tool to format a flash drive to boot up windows on your computer

1 minute ago, TheLANguy said:

But it usually doesn't let you personalize any settings or change the wallpaper without activation.

1 minute ago, johnt said:

But it usually doesn't let you personalize any settings or change the wallpaper without activation.

I was able to change my background and stuff

Just now, Fat Cat11997 said:

Then you're fine, you did it right. If you don't own a license associated with your Microsoft account already then you'll likely get the watermark after a day or two. Check your activation status. 

1 minute ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

I was able to change my background and stuff

Did the computer previously have Windows on it?

1 minute ago, TheLANguy said:

Did the computer previously have Windows on it?

No but i signed in with my microsoft account on a laptop with windows 10 preinstalled

1 minute ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

No but i signed in with my microsoft account on a laptop with windows 10 preinstalled

See above, check your activation status and we can stop guessing. 

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

My pc has win 10 unlicensed probably but i don't see watermark even after ages, sometimes when i enter a game i showes up for couple of seconds then it would go away and that happened like once or twice?