Is this normal? and there is a buzzing noice

Go to solution Solved by RollinLower,

if its a new part just RMA it, you can easily spot on the solder pads that a component used to be there but is now missing. 

Is there something messing on the gpu, i bought it on monday and when i Start a game it does buzzing noice, i dont know if its the psu that it has not enough Power or the gpu wit the messing thing, i got a 600w System power, a amd ryzen 5 4600g and 32gb RAM. Im scared pls help

20240321_133830.jpg

20240321_133849.jpg

4 minutes ago, PaulanerPaul said:

Is there something messing on the gpu, i bought it on monday and when i Start a game it does buzzing noice, i dont know if its the psu that it has not enough Power or the gpu wit the messing thing, i got a 600w System power, a amd ryzen 5 4600g and 32gb RAM. Im scared pls help

20240321_133830.jpg

20240321_133849.jpg

Just making sure you have checked the fans right? If the fans are loose it will do that. Or the buzzing could just be the fans spinning. 
Also what gpu is it? If the psu didnt have enough power it would shut off.

looks like it's missing a shunt resistor?

did you buy this second hand? because maybe the old owner tried a shuntmod but ended up destroying the resistor instead.

also, how loud is the buzzing? it might just be coilwhine.

Just now, RollinLower said:

did you buy this second hand? because maybe the old owner tried a shuntmod but ended up destroying the resistor instead.

Yeah I noticed that but i feel like they wouldve had much worse issues if that was the case ://

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

also, how loud is the buzzing? it might just be coilwhine.

I bueyed it New from Amazon and it a rtx 4060 ProArt

2 minutes ago, treeboi2 said:

Just making sure you have checked the fans right? If the fans are loose it will do that. Or the buzzing could just be the fans spinning. 
Also what gpu is it? If the psu didnt have enough power it would shut off.

The Fans are fine, the Fans only start spinning at 50⁰C and the card was at 40, and then i Noticed that the Fans are fine, the buzzing stoppen after i closed the game, i was scared and Turned the pc off. Its a RTX 4060 ProArt

3 minutes ago, OddOod said:

That is ABSOLUTELY a missing surface mount component. RMA immediately. 

Im doing it, i get a New one befor my System gets destroyed, thank you, ill update you when i get a New one

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

if its a new part just RMA it, you can easily spot on the solder pads that a component used to be there but is now missing. 

Thank you all for your help, i RMA it right now

It looks like a missing capacitor, but while this is not exactly life threatening for anything, RMAing it is the best idea.

If it were a shunt resistor, the card wouldn`t work, since parts ofit wouldn`t get power.

3 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i'm starting to backpedal a bit here, on the official images those pads are unpopulated aswell:

@PaulanerPaul

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

26 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

To late now, but i looket like there was something, and there was a noice that was louder than my Fans, the spin at 800RPM

2 hours ago, RollinLower said:

i'm starting to backpedal a bit here, on the official images those pads are unpopulated aswell:image.png.2ba6f24b93bb1dd776171f04af1c204e.png

and before i forget are 600w enough?

15 hours ago, PaulanerPaul said:

and before i forget are 600w enough?

Mmore than likely, 4060s are extremely power efficient, pulling like 100ishW or something ridiculous

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3